What was the last movie you watched?

A list of recommendations would certainly be appreciated.

I'll try putting together a nice list, maybe even this weekend, but if not, certainly within the next week. There will be a handful -- 5-6? -- of "silents" among them, hopefully I can help you "track down" versions that include "English" subs...unless Russian language isn't an obstacle for ya? The Eisenstein works will be a snap to find w/ English subs, but a couple ofthe other titles, mmm, not so sure. We'll see. Pretty sure the 50s-80s works have English subs, but I'll have to (re)check as, well, I don't "activate" the (English) subs when I watch, and even when I do activate subs, e.g., Armenian, Georgian, Belorus, and Tatar/Mongolian language films, I activate Russian, not English, subs, so not 100% ceertain that there are English subs to activate. Like I write above: we'll see.

Song Of The South
(Foster/Jackson, 1946)

* Here's one that won't see a "remake" in the contemporary era, lest the studio what releases it gets a face-full of #ME-FILL IN THE BLANK garbage hurled @ its direction.

Song Of The South
(Foster/Jackson, 1946)

* Here's one that won't see a "remake" in the contemporary era, lest the studio what releases it gets a face-full of #ME-FILL IN THE BLANK garbage hurled @ its direction.
Of course it won't. Even when it was made it was considered impressively racist.

The Wife, with Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce.

Extremely well written and acted, especially by Close. She deserved the Oscar, without a doubt. Well worth watching.

Are they both Infinifilm discs? You might need a newer dvd player.

Yep, they are. I don't have a player anymore, just my pc. I was just reading on the Infinifilms stuff, I guess they have a lot of extra content, strange how it effects my setup and won't play.

Take it with you when you go to friends/family house. At least then you'd know. I would expect it to work with any bluray drive.

The Incredibles 2 (2018) Lots of silly fun, Bob Odenkirk voices the character of Winston Deavor, but all I could hear was Saul Goodman.

I would expect it to work with any bluray drive.

It played in the bluray through vlc. If you want my extra copy send me your address.

Thirteen Days (2000)

Good movie, only issue was Costners fake accent sounded more like Kennedy, but I don't know what O'Donnell sounded like, could have been spot on for all I know.

Free Solo - What an amazing film about free climbing El Capitan - OMG!!
Recorded Sunday morning on Nat geo HD channel, watched last night.

Last edited:
"Won't You Be My Neighbor?" A documentary about Mr. Fred Rogers directed by Morgan Neville. This show came out after my childhood, but nevertheless I enjoyed this movie about Fred Rogers. He comes across as the genuine article who tried and delivered on his promise to try and help children. Some moving moments, worthwhile.

"Won't You Be My Neighbor?" A documentary about Mr. Fred Rogers directed by Morgan Neville. This show came out after my childhood, but nevertheless I enjoyed this movie about Fred Rogers. He comes across as the genuine article who tried and delivered on his promise to try and help children. Some moving moments, worthwhile.

Dang, this is the second or third reference to this docufilm, which I would dearly like to see, but bein' stuck in France, well, there's little chance of it unless it runs on the "Arte" network, which means it'll be dubbed in effin' French (these beasts have no regard for original language and befoul everything w/ aggressively loud overdubbing). Now, OTOH, if the Deutsch "faction" of the "Arte" enterprise airs it, there will be English w/ German subs. The German-produced material re: "Arte" is much preferred to what they spew outta France (Paris, probably). I live here so I can say these things.

Back
Top Bottom