What was the last movie you watched?

It definitely leaves a lot to your imagination, I'll look for the extended version.

It's called Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut

BTW I first checked out Donnie Darko because I saw that Jena Malone was in it. I had remembered her for her amazing for her age performance as the little girl in Bastard Out Of Carolina. Not very sequitur but what the hell.

Last edited:
Trancers I & II

Best thing about these movies is when they enter the mall in the first one there's a Motomag Mongoose in the rack.

Also watched Mystery Men (98)

Don't know how I managed to never see this one.

Last edited:
"Quadrophenia" (1979)
A very cool youth-centered film about British society in the mid-1960s, based directly on The Who`s epic Rock opera of the same name. Two distinctly different groups ruled the roost back then....The Mods, with their flashy Carnaby Street clothing, latest hairstyles, and GS scooters, pitted against The Rockers, black leather-clad hardasses, with greased-back hair, engineer boots, riding BSA, Triumph, and Norton motorcycles.

The two groups were always at odds with each other, and huge fights would break out whenever large numbers of them would show up at the same time, notably in seaside resort towns, like Brighton. Fired up on amphetamines ("leapers", "blues") and beer was the order of the day, and the battles would sometimes escalate to two or three thousand teens, slugging it out in the streets.

One of the high points is the appearance of a very young Sting, cast in the character of "Ace Face", one of the primary instigators for The Mods. He loses some street cred when it is revealed that he is also the subservient "Bellboy", who is looked down upon by the real hardcore types.

This is a great film....it`s a history lesson, and a unique concept album, rolled into one. Although The Who never actually appear in it, their presence is always felt there....

Highly recommended !

Game Night

An enjoyable little confection. Sort of a spoof on Michael Douglas's The Game crossed with Charade, if you've seen either of those. Jason Bateman is at his affable best and Rachel McAdam is aptly cast as his wife. The gist of it is, three couples meet regularly for a night of games and on one such evening Max (Bateman)'s hyper-competitive older brother Brooks (Kyle Chandler) drops by to treat them to a real game. Merriment ensues.

Silly fun. Lots of holes in the plot and Herculean suspension of disbelief is required, so just don't think too much when you see it and you'll have a great time.

Scene stealer: Jesse Plemons as Gary, the weird neighbor.

Equilibrium - (2002) Christian Bale, Tye Diggs, Emily Watson, Sean Bean, and More!
Forget martial arts - Gunkata is the new art!
And afterwards we started watching
Love, Death, and Robots - an 18 part anthology of shorts on Netflix -
the first is brutal, but be sure to watch Good Hunting, and Lucky 13 ...

I watched No Way Out from the 80's today.

Well done movie. Surprise ending. Solid cast.

Sean Young was quite the beauty.

Alpha (Hughes 2018)

Very entertaining movie w/ beautiful nature and scenes, and interaction between man and wolf. The movie is about how we domesticated wolves, or perhaps how they domesticated us.

And we all know how it turned out:

51989701_10104271023711047_1633440543012814848_n.jpg

I saw that when it was first released. What did you think?
Very captivating because much of the story is shown through Syd’s point of view as an ambitious outsider and “poser”, trying to make her mark and establish her career. I know the feeling.

Casting was darn good even with the minor characters; I sympathized with Syd’s Boy Scout boyfriend in feeling out of place in the major party sequence (full of hipster creeps) and in being shelved for Syd’s interest in Lucy; Lucy looked as old as her mom, while Syd could pass for a minor.

A rather tragic ending though, as Lucy failed to step up and disconnect from her cynical drug addict friends.

Back
Top Bottom