What was your AKFest 2006 audio moment??

gonzp said:
Brian, I am not a skeptic but, I am wondering if the wall power was dirty? Did you take a reading on the outlet? I know in Craig's room Friday night, the voltage was a little low. I do not know what it was Saturday and Sunday when all of the systems were running. Just inquiring... PDG

VERY dirty, no doubt! But see below...

NOSValves said:
Try the test at a normal electrical enviorment (most peoples homes) where 50 audio systems are not competing for the available juice and I think the skeptics would leave with there skepticism intact.

Actually, I've done just that twice since the show at my little shop, where the voltage is quite healthy and RFI is minimal, and the results have been just as compelling as at the show. In fact, the last fellow here demanded that I do the switcheroo again, as (a) he heard an increase in volume when the Soundstring power cable was inserted the first time, and (b) said that he had not been watching to see if I had changed the volume setting on the integrated amp. I did it all over again, making a point of standing clear of the controls on the integrated amp, and the fellow wound up purchasing one of these power cables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom