What was your biggest score on ebay?

G7Trader

Mine was Rotel RX-802 I was the only bidder no one else bid. Got it for £30 excellent condition, its worth £150 - £200 no idea why no one else bid maybe it was one of those days when ebay had low visitor numbers.....

One meter bulb was out but thats minor issue.

A Tektronix 7603 oscilloscope mainframe -- which I wanted -- with a 7A18 and 7B53A plugins (and a rare blanking plate) that had emitted its magic smoke along with a working Solartron CD1440 oscilloscope mainframe & plugins that worked, but that I didn't want. The pair: £30.

If it's audio-only, maybe a fully-working HK T-403 tuner for £10 or a fully-working Yamaha CA-710 for, if I recall correctly, £15.

Not with audio gear, but with a computer keyboard on a local forum.
I always wanted a terminal (RJ45) IBM Model M for my little collection and this dude had one for sale, US$50 he said he wanted, but i offered him a much more modern Outemu board i had gotten for US$20, he promptly accepted, and now i have a pair of Model Ms!

Hmmm...probably a 1953 welded long plate Heerlen Holland Philips (Amperex) 12ax7 tube. Got it for basically nothing in a batch of unnamed 12ax7's. Tests strong, low microphonics...otherwise not much.Bob

Numerous Mobile Fidelity, Nautilus, CBS Half Speed Masters & other legacy audiophile LP's ...
back during the dollar bin days prior to the Vinyl revival when prices shot up.

Last edited:
Never really used eBay much for audio. About 20 years ago I did get a mint SMC Pentax M 50mm F1.4 lens w/Pouch that a seller had found in a cabinet that they were listing on eBay, the lens was listed under "Furniture" and I paid $5 for it.

Mark Gosdin

Never deals on Audio gear. Seems to have become a source for those parts and pieces I can't find otherwise, but they are never cheap.

Numerous Mobile Fidelity, Nautilus, CBS Half Speed Masters & other legacy audiophile LP's ...
back during the dollar bin days prior to the Vinyl revival when prices shot up.

Is Vinyl revival mean record players have become popular again and prices shot up? Since what year has this happened?

I'm surprised I sold 2 vintage record players for around £150. Dual CS-505 1 and Technics BD22D.

Is Vinyl revival mean record players have become popular again and prices shot up? Since what year has this happened?

According to Wikipedia ... the Vinyl revival took place around 2007 ... sounds about right if memory serves me well.

The Vinyl revival is the renewed interest and increased sales of vinyl records, or gramophone records, that has been taking place in the Western world since about 2007.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Judging by the prices paid lately for a couple of L-07cs, I would have to consider the L-07C ll I got from Japan for 150 bucks and 43 for shipping a pretty decent score.

I just recently scored an AT 440mla cart/stylus in factory packaging for $30. It had been listed for parts/not working--turns out one of the lead wires was bad, and I have a drawer full of those (better than the crappy ones they include with a cart anyways). Listed as low hours, but for $30 all I wanted was the body--turns out that it really was low hours (cleaned it and put it under a scope and the diamond was perfect).

I scored a 1928 Olds "Standard" professional-line trombone on eBay for $54 including shipping. It had some condition issues, but it played so superbly that I had no trouble justifying the price of a repair shop visit. It's the best-playing small-bore trombone I've ever laid my hands on.

The bronze Quads, for $1500. That is $500 more than the going rate for a unrestored working pair, but I call that a 'score' because they were like new, all original, babied by being incorrectly set for 240V, with nearly perfect screens, and not even dusty - stored sealed for decades. With restored pairs running $4K, and new ones at $12K, the price was right, too. I auditioned them on a Saturday, met the seller's asking price, and he ended the auction when I paid him with PayPal as he watched. He was glad they went to someone who appreciated them, as was I. :)

Back
Top Bottom