What were Yamahas integrated or stand alone amps from 2000-2008 ?

superdog

AK Member
I like the receivers from this period but am now looking for the lines of amps int or stand alone offered during this time period.

I could be wrong but I believe that ca 2000 was the last year for the big AX-1090. The smaller integrated amps lived on for a few years, the AX-892 dropped out after 2004, the AX-596 and AX-497 in 2006. The last of the separates were the CX-1/CX-2 pre's and MX-1/MX-2 power amps, they lasted until 2000 and afaik were the last separates made for home use. The profi stuff I don't know.

Cheers,
James

Yamaha home audio separates MX-D1 & YPC-1 were produced from 2004 to 2006 according to HiFi Engine.

I picked up a C stock pair of MX-D1 that were steeply discounted. It took a few years before I found a YPC-1.

Thanks for
I could be wrong but I believe that ca 2000 was the last year for the big AX-1090. The smaller integrated amps lived on for a few years, the AX-892 dropped out after 2004, the AX-596 and AX-497 in 2006. The last of the separates were the CX-1/CX-2 pre's and MX-1/MX-2 power amps, they lasted until 2000 and afaik were the last separates made for home use. The profi stuff I don't know.

Cheers,
James
Thanks for the info.I hadn't really come across much info on amps from this time period.As I see know they just aren't made.I really like the receivers but am looking for the int or as I see now the MX series.I had a non working MX1 at one time and sold it cheap.Big mistake.I wasn't aware that Yamaha has stopped making these separate amps.

Thanks for

Thanks for the info.I hadn't really come across much info on amps from this time period.As I see know they just aren't made.I really like the receivers but am looking for the int or as I see now the MX series.I had a non working MX1 at one time and sold it cheap.Big mistake.I wasn't aware that Yamaha has stopped making these separate amps.

No mistake. I fixed it.

:)

The DSP-A1 is from the 1997-1998 time period. It's an Integrated Surround Sound Processor (no tuner).

Back
Top Bottom