What would you choose for ALL USA made system?

Aren’t too sure if some I like are made in USA but I know USA designed for sure (production plant I’m not sure of) Parasound Halo JC1 Power amps... SAE have some units I’d like to try... A502 system - maybe matching pre... though I’d try a few... I often wonder what a tube pre would do to a system... Tuner and CD player I’d have to audition... USA speakers is another story plenty of goodies to try... it’s a matter of sitting down n listening to them all to find the set that sounds the best.... in my existing setup I am using USA made Jensen AVX 21 subwoofers - which anything else hasn’t caught up to yet...

Aragon 4004mkii
Vandersteen 2ce Signature ii’s
AR XA Marc Morin modded custom plinth
Velodyne HGS 12
VPI 16.5
Analysis Plus Silver Crystal oval interconnects.

Best sounding system I’ve heard in my listening room so far .

Audiofreak71

DIY speakers, lot's of fantastic D Class amps out there and quite a few turntable companies. For a phono pre, there's plenty out there also.

MCINTOSH, even though the TT are made by clear audio and the CD and DVD decks are made by others as our the tubes and most of the electronic components. Speakers could either be Klipsch JBL. Magnepan, or Magico. HT processors are based on foreign units, too.

I have been reading about the high end show in Munich. We Americans have almost taken a back seat to the rest of the world when it comes to advancing sound technology. The US has always chosen connivence over better technology it seems to me. Cassette, mp3, for example. and of course streaming. Streaming can be rather grand and top notch, but many times its not even second class. I can't believe folks would rather listen to their iPods and iPhones than a great HIfi system but they do. People glued to their phones for communication I just don't understand. Give me a live voice with all the beautiful tones and inflections and beautiful eyes revealing the soul. There is no way texting can deliver the true story. Neither can streaming deliver the entire picture. I'll attend a live performance any time as a first choice and a great analog or DVD recording on my system at home as a second choice. Maybe by the time I gone there will be a new technology that will deliver true Hifi sound for the rest of you. I hope so. Until then I hold on to my better analog recordings and the better digital performances on disc with the capability to down load a few selected performances that meet my standards.

Last edited:
Probably an Empire table, a whole pile of Schiit and some Klipsch Cornwall speakers. Course presently I've just a few bits of Schiit, Boston Acoustics A100 and Dayton USA PS220-8 speakers around the house that are US. I've more Chi-Fi than anything else

out of the gear i have, amp-Marantz model 9's - pre- Marantz model 7 - speakers - 0hm Walsh 4's - cartridge - Shure V15xmr ( if its US made) otherwise Stanton 681eee- turntable ??? i have 11 tables but none US made :whip:

Last edited:
Here's an all- U.S. system that I could build from my gear collection. Much of this equipment is currently in use in my main system.

Audio by Van Alstine Omega III PAT-5 preamp and Omega II 240 power amp
Von Schweikert Research VR-4 speakers
Dynaco tuner (AF-6 or FM-5 -- I have both)
AR XA-91 turntable with Shure V15-III cartridge
Wollensak 4800 cassette deck with Advent Model 100 add-on Dolby noise reduction system
SAE 5000 impulse noise reduction system

Back in the 60s through 70s USA made some very nice equipment. In fact, one of the vintage USA-made wet vacuum record cleaning systems is on my wish list.

This is an excerpt from your post. It pretty much says American made gear was OK in the 60's and 70's but not since then. It would seem you like many other posters here are stuck on "vintage" gear to the exclusion of anything newer than your arbitrary time scale.

OTOH: Today I found out my phone supports FLAC files even though it's not advertised or in the manual that it does. I'm going to delete all the MP3 files from it and replace them with FLAC files.

Last edited:
This is an excerpt from your post. It pretty much says American made gear was OK in the 60's and 70's but not since then. It would seem you like many other posters here are stuck on "vintage" gear to the exclusion of anything newer than your arbitrary time scale.

OTOH: Today I found out my phone supports FLAC files even though it's not advertised or in the manual that it does. I'm going to delete all the MP3 files from it and replace them with FLAC files.
Isn't it kind of a given that smart phones these days do FLAC?

Why is that?
I use multiple weather apps, traffic apps, broswers.....

So do many of us. We just object to having to DL an APP to play what are bog standard files. Only Apple requires this. That's because Apple is the epitome of the NIH (not invented here) principle.

Back
Top Bottom