What would you choose for ALL USA made system?

Modwright preamplifier, amplifier, phono stage and DAC. VPI TT. Not sure on the speakers...

That you could look elsewhere for your tablet and find what you wanted supports my point. There are plenty of free choices for Android phones. I can't say the same about Apple phones. You're restricted to what's available on the App Store.
Yeah.
Except for the fact that I didn't find what I was looking for , lol.

Plenty of free, or close to it, options on the app store, too.

My listen-to-music-at-work "system" is a pair of Grado SR80 'phones and a MacBook Pro. I know the MacBook says "Assembled in China" on the bottom, but it also says, "Designed by Apple in California."

Does it count?

Is California still considered part of the USA? :D

I could get with that.

If we're allowed to cheat a bit, and I'd include some PSB speakers.

PSB are a great value but not in the same league as Modwright.

To keep it all American I would probably go with some Chapman T-9 MKII

t-9mkii.jpg

FWIW: I have
American made preamp: ARC SP-9.
American made TT: VPI HW-19.
American made power Amps: Radically modified Dynaco MK-III's.
American made speakers: Acoustat (Spectra 22, Model 1) and Magnepan (1.7).

I'm not sure where Crown manufactured the early XLS series. However, I have two of them driving American made (DIY) TL subs.

The tonearm came from GB (Rega RB-300). The cartridge (Sumiko Blackbird) came from Japan.

3 different set-ups here which are all Mcintosh electronics. Each one also has made in USA speakers; Klipsch, ADS and Polk. I have nothing against good quality foreign gear but this is one of the very few things in life that I could go all USA with so I figured why not.

Back in the day, I was pretty close.

speaker: Altec 604-8G
tuner/pre-amp: Fisher RT-70
amplifier: McIntosh MC-30
phono cartridge: Shure M70B
Only the Garrard turntable missed the mark. I did have an AR turntable, it just was not in this system, at the time.

604_2 (1).JPG

Most of my main system is American made
VpI table
McIntosh/Audio Research preamp
McIntosh/Audio Research amp
Emerald Physic speakers
AudioQuest cables
PSAudio dac
Parasound phono

Japanese-cdp Sony, rtr Technics
British- subwoofer REL

Pretty sure I'd start with klipsch speakers. A pair of cornwalls would do nicely, maybe klipschorns if I found a bucket of money and had the right room for them. Electronics...hmm...not really sure, but I've always been partial to Audio Research. Mac is always nice and lately I've become a bit intrigued by PS Audio. Whatever electronics I chose , they would all be from one company or the other because I am a bit OCD, or so I'm told. :crazy:

If price were no object.... Probably McIntosh... Martin Logan speakers, throw in a high end Schiit DAC, an old Empire turntable.....

As is my gear is a mix of new product from China and Croatia, a little Schiit and vintage Japanese. Basically the best I can afford irrespective of country of origin.

My stuff is mostly USA: Apt, SAE, AR, some DBX (although the -DS era was made in Japan) and for speakers: ADS, Magnepan, and Dahlquist

Some Japanese stuff has snuck in: Yamaha T-2 tuner and Denon/Kenwood turntables.

My high school/college system was all Japanese: Sansui integrated, Nikko Tuner, Teac tape deck, Pioneer speakers

All USA system!

McIntosh MC 2100 power amplifier
McIntosh C 28 preamplifier
McIntosh MR 74 tuner
Altec Lansing Valencia or Capistrano loudspeakers
Crown CX 824 open reel deck
Advent 201 cassette deck
Russco Studio Pro turntable with Shure M 232 tonearm, and Shure M 44-7 cartridge in custom American plinth

McIntosh MC75 monoblocks.
BAT VK-32 (6922 tube model rather than the 6H30) with SE & 6-pack upgrade.
VPI Avenger TT/TA combo.
Joseph Audio Pearl speakers.
McIntosh MCD550 CDP.
WireWorld Gold & Silver Eclipse ICs & speaker cables.
Ray Samuels XR-10B phono preamp.
SoundSmith Sussurro MkII cartridge.
McIntosh MR-87 tuner.

Back
Top Bottom