What you think?

chevydan6

So I have Altec Lansing 100 as front left and front right and a Altec Lansing 508 as the center. I felt like I was lacking bass so I added a pair of Advent Legacy's. Then I felt that the system needs some more in the high range and added RtR electrostatics. Am I doing this right?

Attachments

• 15078391266561723895800.jpg
    15078391266561723895800.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 121
I don't think just throwing MORE speakers at the problem is the most efficacious choice. It takes more power to run more speakers and can "water down" the output. To me - lots of speakers just clutters the room and muddies the sound stage unless they are being utilized in a proper surround sound arrangement. Of course, that's just my opinion. It's your ears that have to judge your system, and if you're happy then that is what counts.
Lots of people will add a sub-woofer to a speaker system to round out the bottom end. Some people add super-tweeters to enhance the high end. Some people modify speakers by swapping out different drivers or tweaking the electronic crossovers. Some people just look for "better" speakers to buy.

I don't think just throwing MORE speakers at the problem is the most efficacious choice. It takes more power to run more speakers and can "water down" the output. To me - lots of speakers just clutters the room and muddies the sound stage unless they are being utilized in a proper surround sound arrangement. Of course, that's just my opinion. It's your ears that have to judge your system, and if you're happy then that is what counts.
Lots of people will add a sub-woofer to a speaker system to round out the bottom end. Some people add super-tweeters to enhance the high end. Some people modify speakers by swapping out different drivers or tweaking the electronic crossovers. Some people just look for "better" speakers to buy.

Just to add "some people don't know"

That's sweet. I agree, nothing beats one good pair of speakers. The combing effects of multiple sets of speakers really screw with imagining and such. But if you love the sound of that setup, don't worry about what anyone else thinks :thumbsup:

Personally, I would run one pair of speakers with the RtR electrostatics and then add a subwoofer.

space them out about 7 feet and get the advents on stands to where the tweeter is ear level. Can I have those RtR's quick?

First, decide what your goal is....two channel or surround sound.

Tell us what the rest of system contains....an AVR ?

Do you have adjustable cross-over settings ?

Back
Top Bottom