What'd ya get from your Secret Santa? v.2009

SS sent me a CD of a band I've never heard-HP Lovecraft. Good psychedelic tunes, I'm spinning it right now. :music: Thanks SS, whoever you may be, new tunes are always a most excellent surprise! :thmbsp:

I heard a rumour there's more on the way. :yes:

eye.jpg

I don't know the who, but I know that there was some subterfuge involved...regardless, thank you VERY much Secret Santa for my CDs (Basia and Norah Jones)--ha-cha!

More goodies for me today! In addition to the totally new to me HP Lovecraft CD, a package from SoundStageDirect arrived today. Inside was a Quiex SV-P 200 gram pressing of Jethro Tull ~ Aqualung. :banana: Thanks so much for the gifts, Santa (sneaking suspicion that you are VinylHanger :D)! I couldn't be happier. :yippy:

I haven't heard from the following recipients, about incoming gifts:

Ballylongford (no news since Dec 20)
catch 22 (no posts on AK since Dec 16)
marantzfan (Santa says it was shipped on December 23rd.)
MarkAnderson (No word yet on the incoming)
phatster (No word yet, though regularly online)
pioneervato (still nothing as of 12/29)

So, all those of you who are still waiting, please update my info if I am incorrect or have outdated data.

Those of you who are Santa to the above people, PLEASE PM ME WITH THE SKINNY ON YOUR GIFT!

EDIT: List is current as of 1100h, 12/31 according to info I have.

Last edited:
Received my gift last night! An Amazon giftcard just when I needed it!! When paired w/ a couple of other cards, it helped to purchase that squeezebox classic I'd been eyeing! Thanks Santa! Or, as my wife would say, way to be an enabler, lol!

More goodies for me today! In addition to the totally new to me HP Lovecraft CD, a package from SoundStageDirect arrived today. Inside was a Quiex SV-P 200 gram pressing of Jethro Tull ~ Aqualung. :banana: Thanks so much for the gifts, Santa (sneaking suspicion that you are VinylHanger :D)! I couldn't be happier. :yippy:

Dang, ya caught me. :D Glad ya like them. H.P. Lovecraft is a group that you have either heard of and have, or haven't heard of and don't have, if that makes any sense. I like turning people on to new to them stuff. As for Jethro Tull, well I had a sneaking suspicion you were a fan. :D

Dang, ya caught me. :D Glad ya like them. H.P. Lovecraft is a group that you have either heard of and have, or haven't heard of and don't have, if that makes any sense. I like turning people on to new to them stuff. As for Jethro Tull, well I had a sneaking suspicion you were a fan. :D

I think I'll have to give HP Lovecraft II a spin tonight. I really enjoyed the first one, the vocals are outstanding. I've always been interested in groups that aren't so well known. You can only listen to Led Zeppelin so many times. :D I need to get a stylus cleaner before I spin Aqualung, my vinyl has been sitting unplayed because I'm such a damn procrastinator. Now I have a compelling reason to get vinyl care equipment. :yes:

BTW, you have the best avatar on AK. :drool:

Something is telling me Casey got his SS gift today. :wave:

I did!!!!!
A really cool wall hanging for my cave, it looks like my avatar!:banana::banana:
Thank you Santa!
Man, that things heavy, cost SS big $ just to ship....
Great looking piece, replicating that logo isn't easy, I did it for some silkscreen T shirts once...PITA!
Thanks Santa!
Casey

Santa would have liked to make it out of aluminum but they've been letting him get away with too much stuff already so steel had to do. Santa originally wanted to make a light up sign but the vinyl was cost prohibitive and couldn't get the paint on evenly enough for it to look good so the wall hanging had to do. He can make a stand for you if you would like but the bone head forgot to write down the measurements for the bottom two bolts. I hope you enjoy it. I wish it would have turned out a little better than it did. Not bad considering the problems I ran into.

Denny

4209655739_2779e72047.jpg

Sansui 002.jpg

Santa would have liked to make it out of aluminum but they've been letting him get away with too much stuff already so steel had to do. Santa originally wanted to make a light up sign but the vinyl was cost prohibitive and couldn't get the paint on evenly enough for it to look good so the wall hanging had to do. He can make a stand for you if you would like but the bone head forgot to write down the measurements for the bottom two bolts. I hope you enjoy it. I wish it would have turned out a little better than it did. Not bad considering the problems I ran into.

Denny

4209655739_2779e72047.jpg

View attachment 187155

That's awesome, now I know what that green paint was for! :D

Bump!

I haven't heard from the following recipients, about incoming gifts:

MarkAnderson (No word yet on the incoming)
phatster (No word yet, though regularly online)
pioneervato (still nothing as of 12/29)

So, all those of you who are still waiting, please update my info if I am incorrect or have outdated data.

Those of you who are Santa to the above people, PLEASE PM ME WITH THE SKINNY ON YOUR GIFT!

EDIT: List is current as of 1612h, 1/1/10 according to info I have.

Back
Top Bottom