What'd ya get from your Secret Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened my gift today and it was three jazz records

Mingus - Oh Yeah
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Count Basie Kansas City 3 - For the Second Time

I couldn't be happier! Thanks a ton SS! :D

I opened my secret santa gift Christmas day and was very pleased. It was a 180 gram pressing of Mark Knopflers LP Kill to get Crimson!

Also contained inside is a CD version of the same :thmbsp:

Very well played Peter, I mean Secret Santa. I am holding off playing it until tonight or tomorrow when I have some time to myself. I'm very jazzed to say the least.

Thanks Santy Claus!

RC

No opening presents before Christmas around here so I opened my SS gift yesterday. What a treat. I received 5, count em, 5 LP's.

Harry James & His Big Band~The King James Version...A Sheffield Lab direct to disc recording and it is sealed!

Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra~ a 1977 recording by JBL.

A volume 1,2 & 3 limited edition recordings:

Philharmonia Hungarica~Nutcracker Suite

Philharmonia Hungarica~Sorcerer's Apprentice

Philharmonia Hungarica~various classical selections

All the albums are mint and in their original shrink wrap.

I'm pleased. Look forward to listening to them later this week. All I can ask is for my SS to identify thyself. I'd like to personally thank you for the gifts.

Thanks Secret Santa!

Terry

What a surprise!
My Secret Santa sent me an iPod Shuffle!
I'm just now getting it setup.
Looks like it'll be a LOT of fun!
Thanks, Secret Santa!
~BG

I opened my secret santa gift Christmas day and was very pleased. It was a 180 gram pressing of Mark Knopflers LP Kill to get Crimson!

Also contained inside is a CD version of the same :thmbsp:

Very well played Peter, I mean Secret Santa. I am holding off playing it until tonight or tomorrow when I have some time to myself. I'm very jazzed to say the least.

Thanks Santy Claus!

RC

Whew! I was concerned that you might already have the LP. It's a nice bonus when the label includes the CD as well as the LP; I wish more labels did that.

I've bought myself a copy of Kill to Get Crimson as well, but haven't yet given it a listen.

Enjoy, and happy 2008!

Whew! I was concerned that you might already have the LP. It's a nice bonus when the label includes the CD as well as the LP; I wish more labels did that.

I've bought myself a copy of Kill to Get Crimson as well, but haven't yet given it a listen.

Enjoy, and happy 2008!

Nope, I knew that it was available on vinyl but had not come across it yet. I have listened to it a couple of time through already and am really enjoying it!

I agree. You would think that the addition of a CD version would be inexpensive to do and really help increase LP sales.

It's always nice to have a "traveler" for the car :thmbsp:

Thanks again,
RC

I finally had a chance to spin the three records I got and they are fantastic. SS you did one hell of a job! Not often I get to spin virgin vinyl!

THANKS A TON!

Great music, this was fun!!

Oh and Terry (TWantiques), it was hard guessing what you might like, so I do hope that you do enjoy! I have all the albums I sent and really like both the sonics and the music.

Hopefully, Ernie will contact those who were supposed to send a SS gift if he knows you didn't get yours yet. May be a valid reason (or not) but I would hope that our fellow AK members would fullful their obligation :thmbsp:

Just got a notice from the post office. My package has arrived from somewhere close to the North Pole.:scratch2: For some reason the mail carrier will not enter our courtyard gate to drop off the package. I was home when mail was delivered but the package was not dropped off. If I had known it was coming today I would have propped the gate open. I had my my newly rebuilt AR2ax's blasting some good tunes so she must have figured someone was home. Anyway, it will be off to the post office in two days. Looking forward to find out what it is. Will post my findings in a couple of days. :yes:

Hopefully, Ernie will contact those who were supposed to send a SS gift if he knows you didn't get yours yet. May be a valid reason (or not) but I would hope that our fellow AK members would fullful their obligation :thmbsp:

I sent mine via USPS priority (all I can get down here) on the 15th but haven't heard either way from the recipient. It was supposed to get there by Christmas. I check this thread a couple of times a day to see if he's chimed in but nothing yet. A quick check tells me that he hasn't posted anything since 12/17.

Ernie, should I PM him and give myself up?

Ray

I'm going to send out pm's to everyone who hasn't acknowledged receiving something, and to people who's gift hasn't shown as having arrived.

Tomorrow.

I finally had a chance to spin the three records I got and they are fantastic. SS you did one hell of a job! Not often I get to spin virgin vinyl!

THANKS A TON!

Great music, this was fun!!

Oh and Terry (TWantiques), it was hard guessing what you might like, so I do hope that you do enjoy! I have all the albums I sent and really like both the sonics and the music.

Glad you like them! Just a few that I really like and thought you may enjoy.

Happy new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom