What's a good home Bluetooth receiver?

fredcohiba

I am wanting to send music from my iPad or MacBook to a Bluetooth receiver which in turn would be hooked up to my audio system - from my chair to the stereo, about 12 feet.
Does anyone have a recommendation for such a device?

Just an option if you have a DAC is Apple TV. I bought one for $67 bucks delivered from Amazon. I have it hooked up to a Mcintosh MC2105 and use AirPlay with Tidal. Works great for me.

Since you're using Apple, better to stream via AirPlay. Many receivers are AirPlay enabled, otherwise stream via Apple TV or Airport Express.

The source device typically sees it as an external speaker. The higher you set the source volume, the closer to "normal" output from a phono or disc. That has a closer correspondence to "normal" volume settings. However, some devices will start to clip/distort the higher you set the volume, so keeping such a device at 90% or lower, and using the stereo's volume may have to compensate.

On my laptop, of all weird things, Windows is sending the signal as though it were line, not through the onboard amp. It doesn't do that from my desktop; the Android gizmos I have don't do it, either.

I am wanting to send music from my iPad or MacBook to a Bluetooth receiver which in turn would be hooked up to my audio system - from my chair to the stereo, about 12 feet.
Does anyone have a recommendation for such a device?

I'm a bit late to this party. Sorry I did not see your post in a timely fashion.

I use THIS receiver, from Amazon, Bluetooth 3.0:

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-NFC-...431413178&sr=8-24&keywords=bluetooth+receiver

It's VERY inexpensive (deep discount from Amazon with Prime Shipping), works very well, has excellent range, and at 3.0 Bluetooth sounds just fine to my ear. It is NOT auto power on, you have to power it up when you use it, but for under 20 bucks for a great receiver, no big deal to me.

I'm a bit late to this party. Sorry I did not see your post in a timely fashion.

I use THIS receiver, from Amazon, Bluetooth 3.0:

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-NFC-...431413178&sr=8-24&keywords=bluetooth+receiver

It's VERY inexpensive (deep discount from Amazon with Prime Shipping), works very well, has excellent range, and at 3.0 Bluetooth sounds just fine to my ear. It is NOT auto power on, you have to power it up when you use it, but for under 20 bucks for a great receiver, no big deal to me.

I received this receiver earlier this week but was out of town. Hooked it up this AM in all my listening stations and............ it works flawlessly. No drop outs whatsoever. :music: Thanks very much for the great recommendation.

Just picked up a Logitech Bluetooth adapter at Best Buy yesterday. It's not super high fidelity but does sound really clean through my Sherwood rx4109. Using Spotify playlists. No dropouts when moving over 50ft from the receiver. Mid Fi for 25.00.

Bluetooth is probably the worst way to do audio...
https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-know-about-bluetooth-3134591

The argument presented there against aptX makes no sense. He starts off by saying that Bluetooth is bad and that aptX promises better sound but most people use bad sounding files through bad sounding speakers or headphones so it does not help. Well in that case is the problem not the bad sounding files and playback equipment rather than Bluetooth? Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless phones with aptX completely changed my mind about BT's quality.

The argument presented there against aptX makes no sense. He starts off by saying that Bluetooth is bad and that aptX promises better sound but most people use bad sounding files through bad sounding speakers or headphones so it does not help. Well in that case is the problem not the bad sounding files and playback equipment rather than Bluetooth? Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless phones with aptX completely changed my mind about BT's quality.
Exactly so. I've decided to buy a Bluetooth capable DAC to link to an analog integrated amp and have found the Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus with BT100 antenna it one well received option that uses aptX technology and the iFi iOne DAC is another cool device that uses AAC instead of aptX which makes it more compatible with iOS devices which are not all/easily aptX friendly. Either way there are a lot of ways to make BT audio sound good. Get quality hardware, get decent files, get good cables and one should improve upon their previous Bluetooth experiences exponentially.

Before it was hit by lightning, I had a nice Marantz AV preamp in my bedroom that was Airplay equipped. Anyway, I left it on all the time and any time I wanted to listen to something from my iPad I just used Airplay. The Marantz could sense the signal and would switch inputs or whatever. It worked great.

Back
Top Bottom