What's a SX-850 worth in good condition? All lights etc working, wood in great shape

<Idunno>

FWIW, the quality of response you will get at AK is in direct proportion to the quality of the original query. I realize that 'that other audio site' thrives on posts with the whole message in the header, and 'NT' for the body of the message. We just don't work that way here...maybe it's because we're a chatty bunch, but I'd like to think it's because the the focus here is on friendship and cameraderie rather than the bare harvesting of information.

As an aside, we have a forum for the dissemination of pricing info, called 'Dollars and Sense. :thmbsp:

Well, I thought it was a pretty simple question.

What more would you like me to say about it?

I saw one for sale in the paper but didn't know what price was reasonable to offer.

Not really sure, there are a lot of variables at work here. If it's any help, I recently paid $100 U.S. for an SX-880 in fantastic condition. That's in Canada, your location is one of the variables. What's <eom>?, I'm still in my first year connected to the internet and don't understand many of the acronyms.

Regards

Last edited:
EchoWars said:
<Idunno>

FWIW, the quality of response you will get at AK is in direct proportion to the quality of the original query. I realize that 'that other audio site' thrives on posts with the whole message in the header, and 'NT' for the body of the message. We just don't work that way here...maybe it's because we're a chatty bunch, but I'd like to think it's because the the focus here is on friendship and cameraderie rather than the bare harvesting of information.

As an aside, we have a forum for the dissemination of pricing info, called 'Dollars and Sense. :thmbsp:
Friggin' "AMEN" ! You GO Echo ! :thmbsp:

Avocado Dream said:
What's <eom>?, I'm still in my first year connected to the internet and don't understand many of the acronyms.

Regards
End of message? :scratch2:

At any rate, I answered an ad about some tuners about six months ago and asked if there was anything alse. Seller said he had some big receivers but kind of stacked away. Went and looked. One was an SX-850 with a new tranny. Bought it and a Kenwood tuner for $80. Sold the tuner for $50. Price is whatever the seller will accept. :yes:

whoaru99 said:
Well, I thought it was a pretty simple question.

What more would you like me to say about it?
Comes off as curt no matter what your intention.

And my post was more of a 'join the club' effort than it was an attempt to rag on you, so I hope you take it in the spirit in which it was intended.

whoaru99

I would assume that in order to find a current value for a SX-850 someone would have to search ebay for completed auctions and do a Google search for any that might be listed in on line inventories.

Would you like me to do that for you?

I work cheap $17.00 unless your considered a state or gov. agency then I get scale $20-21.00 an hour and remember OT starts at 40 hours.

Its all on how bad you want one. They sell for up to $300 on that auction site plus shipping. If you can find one local and test it and see it first hand, then the price is what you are willing to pay and what the seller is willing to take. Local is always better, less room for surprises and crappy packing.

One in great shape and local I think could get $200 to the right person, but if you are used to getting things at thrift store pricing then wait till you find one for under $100.

Its a very nice receiver, I know I have one.

G

In good condtion I would pay no more than $80.00. I have seen them in yard sales in mint condtion for $75.00. IMHO it's a very good vintage sounding receiver/ excellent FM section also.

Once you get to the Sx 950 then prices seem to be a bit higher. The SX 650/750/850 seem to stay under the 90-100 dollar mark.

Good Luck
mattFLA

My best one sold for 650.00 where I averaged over 400.00 for a couple hundred 850s during the last 2 years. . .

I bought them then for 100-150 like they are now. . .Guess who is getting excited about Pioneer again???

WooooHooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

gyusher said:
My best one sold for 650.00 where I averaged over 400.00 for a couple hundred 850s during the last 2 years. . .
$650! Crap I missed an SX-850 and CT-F800 this weekend both for $30. Seller posted at 4:30 AM and I responded at 7:00 AM but I was too late. That's what I get for trying to get a little extra sleep on the weekend. For a local purchase off of craigslist I'd be looking to pay $100 or less depending on the condition.

Duffinator said:
$650! Crap I missed an SX-850 and CT-F800 this weekend both for $30. Seller posted at 4:30 AM and I responded at 7:00 AM but I was too late. That's what I get for trying to get a little extra sleep on the weekend. For a local purchase off of craigslist I'd be looking to pay $100 or less depending on the condition.

Yes they are out there but the high dollar ones might be about 10% of those great deals. . .But they are still there, a lot of elbow grease over one that has what it takes really pays off. Buyers are waiting in line for true mint one of a kind vintage silver that are true turn key units. . .

Back
Top Bottom