Whats an Optonica SM-4646 worth? and is it decent?

Sharp or Sanyo's delux brand. Most are quite good, well built and solid, but not highly sought after. So might be pretty inexpensive.

Optonica was Sharp's serious attempt to break into the audio market.
I have an Optonica SA-4141 60wpc receiver.
Very good build quality and sound (similar to Yamaha IMO)....and HUGE....22" x 16" x 8".
A yard sale buy....in mint condition....for $15!!

Steve

I have an SM-4646 and as far as I can tell it was Optonica's top of the line integrated amp. I'm pretty sure it's 80 wpc. It's a very heavy amp ( I would guess 40lbs.) and has dual power supplies. I would say it's pretty comparable to a Pioneer SA-8500II. I've seen a couple on ebay that the high bidder paid in the $100 range.

I have an SM-4646 and as far as I can tell it was Optonica's top of the line integrated amp. I'm pretty sure it's 80 wpc. It's a very heavy amp ( I would guess 40lbs.) and has dual power supplies. I would say it's pretty comparable to a Pioneer SA-8500II. I've seen a couple on ebay that the high bidder paid in the $100 range.

There's one out here is Australian Ebay and the buy it now was $400 and the starting bid was I think $350. I thought it was overpriced...........:yes:

HI

i have found a optonica sm-4646 with no power ic's
somebody know the ic model number??

thankssss!!!!

I now have an SM4646

It beats everything else I've tried. from first setup there was a "wow" moment that even got the wife to come in and see what changed.

Everything is clear and speakers I was about to turf sound great.

I once had the pre-amp version of that same amp. Very nicely built, and I've regretted selling it for years.

In Australia, it's likely worth about $300.

I ended up buying that amp.. That was 10 years ago. I still have it and would never sell.
Such a seriously well built quality piece of gear. No gimmicks, just an audio buffs delight.

Maybe in ten years tell us what you bought this year. ;)

Whatever, made you remember -- it is good update for posterity here. Thanks.

I have the SM 4646. Truly a great amp. Three transformers. I had it rebuilt and it is fantastic. Very clean sound. Dead quiet at idle. Getting a lot more expensive on the bay~

Back
Top Bottom