What's British in your system?

IMF RSPM MkIV speakers, Tannoy K3838 15", Whiteley Electric Stentorian 10" drivers, much of my vinyl collection, plus a couple of older Garrard TTs on the shelves.

Chord I/C's. B&W 704's. Rega Apollo. Mission 70's. QED Speaker Cables. Goldring Epic Cartridge.
Was SAE English?

Oh I totally forgot about my Chord cables...oh yeah!

I have a pair of little known speakers -- Yorkshire Hi Fi 1-3s. Very solid and quite nice sounding bookshelf speakers. They were made in Coltsgate Hill, Ripon in North Yorkshire. (These are not to be confused with Yorx junk.) The grilles are long gone, but the better to show off the "British Made" badges.

Now that is a cute little speaker.

Tonearms:
SME 3009 Series III (and backup)

Tubes:
Genalex KT-66s
Mullards, including (not enough) EL-37s, small signal tubes, rectifiers.

Speakers:
Spendor A9s
Spendor Sub-3
Spendor SP1/2s
Spendor SC-3 center channel speaker
Spendor SP1/5s (two pair)
Spendor S-20s.
A neighbor's Celestion SL-600s are here for a visit.

Tonearms:
SME 3009 Series III (and backup)

Tubes:
Genalex KT-66s
Mullards, including (not enough) EL-37s, small signal tubes, rectifiers.

Speakers:
Spendor A9s
Spendor Sub-3
Spendor SP1/2s
Spendor SC-3 center channel speaker
Spendor SP1/5s (two pair)
Spendor S-20s.
A neighbor's Celestion SL-600s are here for a visit.

You, sir, need to report into the Spendor thread also.

Currently own Mission Argonauts,B&W V202, Wharfedale Linton II, Wharfedale
Delta 30's and Garrard Model 50 Changer.

I have a pair of Celestion DL8s that have recently been repaired and are in the basement waiting for me to finish putting together my bedroom system....
The speakers for my HT system are Mordaunt Short....Carnival 1 for the front, Carnival 3 for the rear, and Carnival 9 sub.....saving up for the Carnival 5 for the center.....

KJR

A few more items I previously forgot to mention:
Chord Cobra 3 interconnects (2 pairs/different lengths).
Chord Chrysalis interconnects.
Leak Delta 70 amplifier.
SME 3009 tonearm (vintage).

Leak 3900T Tuner.
Leak 3900A Amplifier.

Last edited:
A pair of KEf's in the bedroom and Wharfedale in music room. Not British but Thorens and Ariston TT's in music room as well

I have a pair of Mordaunt Short MS30i's that I adore. It's really interesting to read this thread, I wasn't aware that I liked so much British gear.

I have a pair of Mordaunt Short MS100 Golds.
My main rack is a Target. I don't know where it was made, though.
I noticed Rotel was mentioned earlier. I have two of their CD players, but I think they were made in Japan or Taiwan.
I also own a Vox guitar amp. It is way too loud for my lack of talent, and will be sold whenever spring finally comes around.

Pics are representative but not mine.

I forgot the Rogers Monitor 2 (similar to the Export Monitor and Studio 1 monitor), a pair of JR149's and JR149 MK II,
JR-149%252BBritish%252BMini%252BMonitors.jpg

Recently received 3 KEF B200 SP1039 woofers and 1 Dalesford bextrene woofer (my KEF's actually look like this because 1 dust cap is missing.
b200_1.jpg

Falcon Acoustics versions of LS3/5a equivalent crossovers
copy_of_23t_1.jpg
copy_of_23_ab_1_2.jpg

KEF 11 ohm version LS3/5a crossovers.
Harbeth-11-ohm-Crossover.jpg

Currently just about everything in my system is British with the exception of the turntable (and associated) gear.
From the time I had the opportunity to compare American, British, West coast sound, East Coast sound, etc., German, Scandinavian (you get the idea), I've owned British speakers. Well with the exception of a brief affair with Ohm Walsh 2 that is.

B&W DM5 (Apartment)
Mission 70 MKII (Apartment)
KEF Q80 (Married w/ home and system in the basement)
Spendor A6 (Still married, kids out of the house and dedicated listening room)

This is the first time I have owned British electronics and amps and at some point will probably replace the Denon with Rega.

These should do just fine for the foreseeable future. Maybe if I'm still around when I'm 80, I'll consider upgrading again. :music:

Back
Top Bottom