What's British in your system?

Monitor Audio R90s
a NAD C352
Mission Electronics Freedom 770s.
All of these pieces are very much liked, and most used. the Missions have been put in storage, because I don't have another system to use them in. :)

20181207_154311 (1).jpg It"s starting to look like the British Invasion at my house. I was at my awesome local high end audio store yesterday, and they made me a super deal on their (demo) Cambridge azur 351c.This is an addition to go along with my Rega p3 and my Wharfedele 10.7.

I hadn’t really thought about it, but almost my entire main system is British. Audio Note speakers, preamp, and power amp. Musical Fidelity DAC. Linn LP12 turntable. Interconnects are German and speaker cables are from the US.

Currently - Goodmans Magister speakers as mentioned previously, Arcam Alpha 5 CD, Leak Delta 30 amp, NAD tape deck (unsure of model) and the biggest piece of British equipment - ME :)

I recently purchased a gently used Rega Elex-R an I am impressed and quite happy with it. Hoping to enjoy it for many years to come.

^^^ James, love Croft gear. I have Micro 25 pre and Series 7 amplifiers, certainly a nice little pair that make great music. Your system is very nice!

^^^ James, love Croft gear. I have Micro 25 pre and Series 7 amplifiers, certainly a nice little pair that make great music. Your system is very nice!

Tim,
Thank you for your comment. It’s a simple system, for certain, and enables me to greatly enjoy chamber music, which is primarily what I listen to. Being able to swap e-mails with Mr. Croft is a plus, too!
Thank you again,
Jim

James, that is exactly why I love your setup, simple, well thought out. Sometimes simple just seems to work better, less to mess up the sound, or less to muck with period!

Yes it is good to be able to get right with Glenn, I too have chatted with him on a great occasion, I try not to bug him, but he is very quick to respond, and always straight to the point. I only wish I was over there, as I would love to get my Micro upgraded to R level! Someday maybe....take care!

James, that is exactly why I love your setup, simple, well thought out. Sometimes simple just seems to work better, less to mess up the sound, or less to muck with period!

Yes it is good to be able to get right with Glenn, I too have chatted with him on a great occasion, I try not to bug him, but he is very quick to respond, and always straight to the point. I only wish I was over there, as I would love to get my Micro upgraded to R level! Someday maybe....take care!

Tim,
Merry Christmas and enjoy your music!
Jim

Presently I have a pair of Keswick Audio Research "Volante Evolution" speakers, Rotel RCD 855 CD player, Musical Fidelity V Dac and a Myryad MA 360 power amplifier so " Made in England" is no stranger.

Apparently the Volante had custom drivers and the cabinets are nicely finished in a Rosewood veneer. From what I have found out ( they were for the U.K. and Asian markets ) the cost for a pair in the mid '90's was 1100 pounds. I purchased them locally from someone I know for 150.00

Keswick-Audio-Research-Volante-EVOLUTION-04-©-2016-GSHiFi.lt-All-rights-reserved-630x930.jpg Keswick-Audio-Research-Volante-EVOLUTION-06-©-2016-GSHiFi.lt-All-rights-reserved-691x1024.jpg img_2230.jpg

Remo, those are very nice looking speakers, and the Myryad amps seemed to always have good words said about them. Nice setup there!

Back
Top Bottom