What's going to be in member rooms?

Fest starts in a less than a week and not much hype going on.. We can all pretty much guess what's going to be in the Manufacturer/Dealer rooms. The highlight of every fest is what the members bring to show off.

So, what are you bringing?

... I'll start off.

Dgwojo and I will be sharing a room this year. So you guess it, all Altec all the time. Dave is bring a pair of 18's and I'm bringing a pair of 19's

The 18's are set up for bi-amping but that may change by the fest.

The 19's have BMS drivers, Crossovers have been upgraded with Auricaps/Mills resistors and Cardas internal wiring.

Pretty sure Dave is bring a MAC 1700 receiver, I'm bringing a Blue Circle tube preamp and a set of NOSValves Monoblocks.

Will have a CD player of some sort, and Sota Turntable. Lots of vinyl. Also a laptop with a M-Audio Audiophile USB.

Bring some tunes and stop in, looking forward to meeting many of you.

I do have the 604-8H's wired for bi-amping and crossovers, I have the upgraded 1600hz 18db high pass, 12 db low-pass Eminence crossovers inside the cabinets and they can easily be bypassed from outside the cabinets. I wish Bowtie was coming to the fest, I have a brand new unopened BBE DS26 electronic crossover that I'm bringing in case we want to bi-amp with another set of tube amps, Bowtie knows how to run this beast!! I also have some Altec A7's ready to go in case we need them, BMS 4552ND drivers, 511B horns, and alnico 515-8LF woofers, not the same set-up as the 2005 fest. I'm getting pumped, what time do we want to set-up?? Dave. :scratch2:

000000935.jpg

Just a quick teaser, as the room is still shaping up:

Cornholios (highly modified Cornwalls)
a few DIY speakers
RH-84 amp variant
diytube st-35 variant
Keggerized (tm) ST-70
Passive preamp (slagle magnetic variety)
Bottlehead Extended Foreplay III w/Goldpoint attenuator
Loctal Cornet phono preamp
Entech DAC modded
many analog sources
many digital sources
black magic

After 3 Dave. Theres a little more info on set up times and procedures in the fest forum.

Retro and I played the RS 2.5 two years ago at the fest with a single Spec 2 power amp and since then I've found that bi-amping brings out the best they can be. That and I'm pretty sure we'll be one of very few bi-amped vintage systems at the fest if not the only. And bi-amping seems to mystify some people till they actually see how easy it is. :music:

Do the Infinitys have a crossover built for bi-amping or do you have to run an electronic one?

Scott

Back
Top Bottom