What's on your Infinities tonight?

ugornot

Poly Woofer?
What are you listening to tonight on your infinities?

I'll start.

Suzanne Vega
REM
Verve (pipe) is that just one group?

Bobby Lyle - Joyful, David Benoit - Full Circle, A Freestyle Compilation that I made and Hed Kandi - World Series Live Paris

Vito

Wish I could fire mine up, but the missus is not feeling well :(, so all's quiet tonight....and just when a new amp arrived for it's first audition, too (Forte Model 6) :sigh:.

Tedrick,
Here is hoping that she mends quickly. Anxious to hear your report on your new amp I am.

Vito

P.S. Listening to my little buggers, the Infinitesimals tonight.

Played REM on my IRS0.1 yesterday night. Sounds wonderfull, even the track 'Low'. En after that Axelle Red - A Tatons. Also nice record, with pretty low sounds that those (little buggers' do quit nice :)

The new Norah Jones album on 200 gram vinyl.

Schubert's 9th on Philips from a box set circa 1969.

"Little GTO" by Ronnie and the Daytonas

"Sonny Rollins + 4"

"Die Moldau" by Smetana

And a little KKUP ("eclectic radio")

Not going to ride this to death, but started out Heart ( Bad Animals) moved on to Dire Straits (Brother in Arms) prolly my favorite album and then threw in the big boy. 1812 conducted by Kunzel on Telarc with digital cannons. You know the one with the very stern warning. The IIIbs came into their own. I took it out of rotation because the 4bs showed slight signs of strain with the cannons. Its back in now. I have heard it louder but with much less sonic fidelity. I truly enjoyed it while watching for any indication of clipping (visual or to my ears.) That big bass drum Telarc always rolled out never sounded better. Oh welll I'll let this die off now. I've got better things to do ;) :music::thmbsp:

Pictures at a Exhibition? Night on Bald Mountain? Keith Jarret?

Luca Turilli's Dreamquest - (2006) Lost Horizons_Promo CD.

MP3 Acquisition, for tryout purposes of course :D. Gotta find the CD though. Female vocalist is incredible.

Got to stretch out the IIIb's a little tonight with a new to me amp (Forte Model 6) in place of the Adcom GFA-555II. Started out with a track from a Spyro Gyra SACD, then Copeland's Fanfare for the Common Man, Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, followed by DSOTM SACD, and finally a little Beethoven piano concerto (also on SACD). Initial impressions are good, but more listening is needed before making any valid judgements. The Forte does run hot, however :scratch2:.

I've got Norah Jones playing right now. Sounds amazing for some reason. My system never sounded this good before.

Fun thread.....I just happened to be listning to my RSllla's Spec1 & Spec2. AC/DC LIVE at the moment. Was listning to new CD Dire Straits (very best of) sounds very good.......Okay enough AC/DC.....just put in Sara McLachlan (Live Acoustic) .......lights out...Rolling Rock in hand....Leather easy chair kicked back.....Im outta hear!

Got the Crescendo 3006's ready to roll after a walk with the family. Not sure what I'll put on, but it will be something sitting in a plastic thrift bag.

First up was Journey-Escape. After the first song I quickly pulled it off and threw on a Blue Note of Gene Harris-Tone Tantrum, much better. Sound is superb.

recording info ? opinions please

OK...BIG ? for all of you
not sure what i might listen to tonight on my kappa 6.1s
Since loss of 25 year cd collection in fire I listen to alot of fm ..
Hoping for a live {recorded } performace of Leonard Bernstein and the NY philharmonic playing STRAVINSKYS firebird suite..{ Not expecting that though ..}
Hers my big ?? though ..
CAN ANYONE PLEASE educate me on how to pick a good cd recording ..I happen to be a big Todd Rundgren fan .. And have been trying to replace some of my lost library..That music was originally recorded on vinyl .. the standard cd recordings sound HORRIBLE !!! Ive seen some cd japan imports
which are kind of expensive but claim 24 bit remastering and supposedly far better sound... Whats the deal on remastering are more bits better ,, and last ?? PLEASE... would the original vinyl version on a decent tt sound better than a well remastered recording .. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN

Hey there Andrew.

The question that you are asking may best be served in the Turntables and Tape Forum. There has been much discussion there about CD vs Vinyl already, and doing some research there may provide a lot of info for you. Your question as a new post there would probably get more response. See what happens here though I quess :yes:

Now, could it be that the Kappa's and your new system are changing the way you hear Todd's music compared to your old system ? To say the CD's media/mastering are horrible, you would have to have the vinyl version side by side for comparison on the same electronics.

When I got my Q2's, I was hearing all my old music in a different way, some of it not so good :sigh:

recording blues

Hey there backatcha kencat..
I wasnt sure where to post my ? Ill send it over to the other forum ..
I tend to not even bother looking other than on this here forum Its always so interesting !!! OH THE KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION !!!!
As you mention there is definatly the aspect of listening to presumably ultra familiar music.. . I am constantly struck by how the kappas reveal details that were previously MIA .. But they also reveal ill and theres some agonizing reapraisal involved in that as well ..Things are not always what they seem..
Ill await responses..
Regards ,,,Andrew

Back
Top Bottom