What's Pioneer in your rig?

SX1080, SX1250 and an SX737 that I got recently from a neighbor. The latter will likely become my workshop system. The SX1250 is in my living room and the SX1080 is currently resting.

Picked up a Pioneer SX-737 about a month or so ago at an estate sale. The unit was paired with a set of KLH Model 6 speakers, which have recently been recapped. I've found that this is a very nice sounding amp with plenty of power for a moderately sized room.
IMG_2007.JPG

For the first time in 25 years I don't have a pioneer receiver. I have been trying to thin the herd for years now . Sold my last pioneer receiver a qx949 a while back , tough to let it go. I do have a pl- 518 turntable .

Pioneer SA-400

pioneersa400.jpg

Here is a pic of my recently paired up Elite A35R Integrated amp and Elite DV 45A DVD/CD/SACD player.

Other Pioneer gear in current use for HT;

CLD-D504 Laser Disc player
Elite VSX-30

IMG_0591.JPG

Pioneer SX-838 in spare bedroom/listening room.
SX-950 in basement rec-room.
RT-707 reel to reel in office system.
SP-FS51 speakers in main bedroom.

DSC00698.jpg Just recap'd this old SA-9500. Pulled my pair of JBL 6332s from storage. Man! This old amp is really detailed across the spectrum, bass to brass. I can't believe how detailed this amp is! The JBLs are 4 ohm and not so easy to drive. Sounds is very very good, better then my Threshold S500/ Audio Research SP9 combo. WTF!

IMG_5042.JPG

Finally got most of my "Champagne Series" gear racked up:
F-9
SR-9
RG-9
A-9
SG-9
plus a
CT-F1250

I'm using a 19" rack sourced from a local supplier of studio music gear and cantilever 2RU shelves for all but the DT-540 that sits on a 1RU shelf.
The turntable is a NAD 530.
It's missing the CT-9R, but it's still out of action.

Not yet wired up, but next will show it in action

Cheers,

Les

My turntable is a Pioneer PL-540 that I found dusted down and forgotten in the attic of a music store, where it probably had been sitting since the 1980s. It wasn't working and the owner sold it to me for $20. I cleaned it, brought it back to life (very easy with the help from this forum), and have been enjoying my vinyl for over a year. :)

I already owned a MA-62a (mixing amp), now a new addition has come along: a SX-5560 (blackfaced SX-750).
This was previously owned by a friend of my father's who were both active in the dutch military in Germany ('70s - '90s). So this receiver was bought at the PX (most likely in Bremerhaven).
So far I'm extremely happy with it. The SX-5560 replaces a Sansui AU-5900 which in turn replaced a Dynaco ST-70 (VTA).

Those 'tables are gonna outlive us all. VERY good designs. The 630's speed issues are a bit of a thing, but it's a relatively easy fix as long as it's a cap issue. I have two 630's, a 560 and a 514. My first true TT was a 512. Workhorses, all.

I love Pioneer! The only things that aren't Pioneer in my main set up are my two TEAC reel-to-reels.

I have a Pioneer SA-9500 amplifier, A pair of Pioneer CS-05 speakers, a pair of Pioneer CS-88A speakers, a Pioneer PL-31D turntable, and a Pioneer HR-100 8-Track deck. I also have a pair of Pioneer headphones, which I can't name right now. Come on, if you didn't ask me, I could!

Receiver:
SC-05
VSX-D1S

Amps:
Spec-1
Spec-2
SA-9500

Tuner:
TX-9500 II (have 2 of them)

Tape decks:
RT-909
RT-707
CT-F1000
CT-F950

Misc:
SG-9500 EQ
RG-1 Range Expander
RG-2 Range Expander

Clocks:
JT-215A (Digital analog "flip clock")
DT-400
DT-540

All this stuff is daily driver. All equipment is rack mounted with the appropriate Pioneer 19" rack mount adapters. I also have the original Pioneer (black) rack mount adapters for the RG-1 and SG-9500 and the bolt-on shelf for the turntable which were not available to the public. The racks did not have a means of securing the component in the adapter so every so often when I move the racks you have to push them back into place. You might recall seeing these in the Pioneer display double 19" equipment rack back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom