What's Pioneer in your rig?

Sanus shelving. I believe I got them from Music Direct. Don’t know if they offer them any more.
Bob

Found their whole line on Amazon. Those look like the 'Euro Shelves'.

My rack system but not pictured is the RT-707,CT-F 900,CT-F 750, PL-510a

CrltgeS.jpg

Well after searching the globe for more than 2 years I have finally found the turntable to complete my Pioneer reference collection, and what a find, it really is in 10 /10 condition and it comes with its original box!
gDco6jXm.jpg
HXzcRiam.jpg
5gjeF7Bm.jpg
MV9CI5Mm.jpg

iLcg3GCl.jpg

UamseWDl.jpg

In many respects the Reference (Elite) System is pretty much in the same bag as the earlier Spec series just a more recent series. I'm sure though that there were far more Spec 1, 2, 3 & 4's made than the Reference Series Components.

I have a C73 as my current Pre Amp or as Pioneer call it a Control Amp which I picked up for next to nothing but as it's hiding inside a cabinet there's no need in finding other matching items. Anyway my main system is made up of a myriad of other items such as an Adcom GFA-5500 Mk I or a Spec 4 whichever I feel like using at the time for a while.

I am though on the look out for the Gold Mute push button on my C73 as it was missing when I purchased it 8 years ago.

Cheers.

I've collected a lot (for me anyway) of both. I have two C-91's (a CT-93, two F-93's and a very unusual F-91) and I think they're terrific. (The 91's run hotter than my Sunfire Signature amps though.)
It's terrific gear. Neither takes a back seat to much at all. One's dollar went a LOT farther back then. I worry about hyperinflation in retail audio now. But the flipside is vintage Pioneer has healthy market value.......

Always had a fondness for Pioneers as my Dad's receiver was a SX-1000TD.

My 1st foray into buying any audio gear was Pioneer's impressive SK-550 boombox.

Next was was a version of Pioneer's Progression IV mini component system.

Most recently I have a pair of CS-44G 2-ways, one SX-3500 and one SX-1000TW.

Attachments

• pion.jpg
    pion.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 35
  • CS-44_2.jpg
    CS-44_2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 35
  • SX-3500_1.jpg
    SX-3500_1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 34
  • SX-1000TW_1.JPG
    SX-1000TW_1.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 34
Always a Pioneer blue series adict since the late seventies. Now, at age 56, I was able to put together the following gear:

PL-255
SX-3700
CT-F900
RT-701
SG-9800
RG-2
SR-303
CS-E600

The CD player is a Sony. It works fine but an alien after all!. I enjoy listening to this stereo system a lot!

The only original component from my young age is the open reel, the remaining are acombination of e-bay and garage sales.

Some amazing, beautiful gear on this thread. Well done.

I sort of fell into Pioneer by accident, when I was living in San Diego I had a girlfriend that worked for Pioneer's cable systems group and every once in awhile they would have a blast email "Employee VIP sale", she forwarded me one and since I had just moved into a new swingin' beach pad I scanned it and saw a pretty much complete HT setup for crazy cheap. Most of that gear was pretty forgettable but I still have the VSX-D811S receiver, that's been a real workhorse over the years. Through her I got all Pioneer car audio for a fairly tuned Saab Turbo and a couple other cars. Last time I bought a receiver I looked at some Onkyo's and Marantz but ended up with a Pioneer Elite VSX-90 which has been pretty good. I'm leaving that alone since it's such a good "traffic cop" for all the various devices running through it and it has performed flawlessly, but I'm always on the lookout for anything interesting and Pioneer is always on my radar. Not the sexiest brand but IME they sound great and are rock solid.

image.jpg

I just found my holy grail mini system.

Pioneer A-P510 AMPLIFIER
GR-P510 SOUND IMAGE CONTROLLER
F-P710 FM/AM TUNER
CT-P710WR DOUBLE CASSETTE DECK
PO-P910M 6 DISC CARTRIDGE MULTIPLAY CD PLAYER
CU-AP022 REMOTE CONTROL

All in perfect working order. The previous owner was using a pair of Yamaha NS-A 635A 3-way bookshelf speakers. I’m gonna use Minimus 7s. Excellent sounding speakers and much more in scale with the components.

View attachment 1102209

I just found my holy grail mini system.

Pioneer A-P510 AMPLIFIER
GR-P510 SOUND IMAGE CONTROLLER
F-P710 FM/AM TUNER
CT-P710WR DOUBLE CASSETTE DECK
PO-P910M 6 DISC CARTRIDGE MULTIPLAY CD PLAYER
CU-AP022 REMOTE CONTROL

All in perfect working order. The previous owner was using a pair of Yamaha NS-A 635A 3-way bookshelf speakers. I’m gonna use Minimus 7s. Excellent sounding speakers and much more in scale with the components.
Yoda,

Congrats on the pickup. What year did your system come out? And what were the amp specs?

My Progression IV system came out in 1986 and I picked it up in San Diego in the spring of '87. It was 50wpc of a rockin' system. I wish that I never had gotten rid of it. At one time I had it connected to the speakers of a 1950's RCA console with horn tweeters and 10 inch paper cones. Man did that sound nice. I didn't dare turn it up all the way, but the speakers did sound better than the stock Pioneers that came with.

On page 81 of the 87 page (only about 5 pages totally in French) manual it says:

32 watts per channel min. At 8 ohms from 40 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz with no more than 0.9% THD.

It doesn’t say specifically, but the guy I bought it from said he got it around 1991-93.

I started my love of Pioneer 30 years ago when my brother went off to college and spent his first big money away from Dad... A Pioneer system to drool over (to my 11 year old eyes). He's still got it, but it's 8 hours away now, so I don't know model numbers). 12 inch 3 way speakers, receiver with gold buttons, and the 7 cassette player.

Then I got some Pioneer car audio over the years... Just random stuff, but somewhere I still have the head unit Mom bought me when I was like 15.

And now my home theater is powered by a VSX-1123. It was marked down to $521 at Best Buy, but found it on Amazon for under $250. They matched the price, and it came home with me.

I also have a VSX-516 in a box waiting to go into either the new garage, or the basement game room...

Back
Top Bottom