What's Pioneer in your rig?

778C2E01-BD20-482E-967E-7D53C50ABF22.jpeg
My best score so far, SX-1250! I’ve tested the FM and AUX ports, and all is well. It will clean up nicely, and the best part...30 miles from my house, and only $100! I feel like I went from the minors to the major league here, although I still love my Sansui 771.

Last edited:
I have :
RT-707 fully functional
2- RT-909 1 fully functional. 1 has a bent reel motor shaft. I bought a run out gauge to see how far out. It work but on fast rewind it's disaster.
CT-F1000 waiting belt functional
CT-F1250 waiting belt functional
CT-F850 waiting belt
CT-F800 non functional. Lost bearing while re belt.

Maybe some one can help me out. I've been searching to find out when Pioneer switched from gold to silver face plates. The ones I have are silver.But I see gold on ebay. Wonder which is newer.
Another question the control bezel plate on the CF-F1250 has detached and needs to be re glued. Any suggestion what to use. Super glue double sided tape etc.

7AD1D4D7-6931-46A6-A4B0-B873155BCADB.jpeg
I finally got my Pioneer mini system hooked up in the kitchen.

A-P510 Amp
F-P710 Tuner
GR-P510 Sound Image Controller
CT-P710WR Double auto-reverse Cassette Deck
PD-P910M 6 disc cartridge CD Player
CU-APO22 Remote
Realistic Minimus 7 Speakers

Everything works. Sounds very nice. Don’t know how long it’ll stay there, but it’s finally getting some use.

View attachment 1170884
My best score so far, SX-1250! I’ve tested the FM and AUX ports, and all is well. It will clean up nicely, and the best part...30 miles from my house, and only $100! I feel like I went from the minors to the major league here, although I still love my Sansui 771.

What the Actual Hell? I'm about 40 miles from you and I NEVER see those! You THIEF! I had to go to South Carolina to grab my 1250...

In other words, nice score.

Most everything in my inventory is Pioneer, with a very few exceptions. I'd happily double your money on that 1250, BTW.

I've had the 1250 with a wood case for quite a while. I bought an 800 and an 850 and this about the same time several years ago. I am just now getting them up for use since I got a pair of MG-1 Maggies . so I am putting together a system to use with them.

What the Actual Hell? I'm about 40 miles from you and I NEVER see those! You THIEF! I had to go to South Carolina to grab my 1250...

In other words, nice score.

Most everything in my inventory is Pioneer, with a very few exceptions. I'd happily double your money on that 1250, BTW.
I was incredibly fortunate to find this deal. The guy had just posted the ad, and didn't put the model number in the description. I recognized the receiver as a 1250, and contacted him immediately. He was using it as a garage receiver with a bunch of components stacked on top! He said he had three newer receivers, and was wanting to get rid of the Pioneer. He said he bought it in 1979, along with a TOTL cassette deck and speakers (Cerwin Vegas).

This is not a typical score for me - I'll probably never get that lucky again. I've had some nice finds, but not like this.

I was incredibly fortunate to find this deal. The guy had just posted the ad, and didn't put the model number in the description. I recognized the receiver as a 1250, and contacted him immediately. He was using it as a garage receiver with a bunch of components stacked on top! He said he had three newer receivers, and was wanting to get rid of the Pioneer. He said he bought it in 1979, along with a TOTL cassette deck and speakers (Cerwin Vegas).

This is not a typical score for me - I'll probably never get that lucky again. I've had some nice finds, but not like this.
WOW!!!!!!!!!

SX-3900
CT-F750 (need a 1250)
SR-303
PL-10 (would like to upgrade)
CS-911's
I also use the following in my system: Fluance RT-81 (Nagaoka MP-110), TEAC EQA-190, Rectilinear Lowboy III's.
I can add a SX-1080 to that now.

Last edited:
I recently added these store demo HPM-100 to the Pioneer rig.

Now, I just need to track down a woofer in better shape and fix the domes on the other drivers.

k0opX13.jpg

Today marks the 40th anniversary of my ownership of this SX-1250. After 40 years of gentle use, it has never needed repair and continues to function as it did when new. Even the lamps are original. This is a true testament to the quality and value that these receivers represent.

Les.

SX-1250 40th An.jpg

Recently added an SA-6500ii amplifier to the living room system.
It worked well as-purchased.
But I liked it so much that I decided to recap it for the long term.
I can use a switch to swap between it and an SX-950 receiver.
I think that the amp has a bit more definition in the high frequencies vs. the 950.
Though they both sound great.
The 950 is prettier, but I use the little amp 90% of the time simply because, in its present position, it is easier to reach.

SA-6500-II_front.jpg

I have several SX-**50 series receivers from the lowly (yet respectable but underpowered) SX-450 up to the monster SX-1250. Unfortunately the SX-1250 is in bad need of a recapping and cleaning so I'm using a Yamaha R-50 receiver for now but I am using a PL-518 turntable.

Hello!
I´m new here so this will be my first post. Just want to share that me and my friend was invited to a big HiFi-exhibition here in Sweden called Sweetspot. It was the elite of the HiFi-retailer from all over Sweden.......and 2 simple guys showing some vintage stuff from our collection. The response was massive!

Greetings from Sweden!

Attachments

• 6B6625C9-236B-4D2D-8EFF-103C7921392B.jpeg
    6B6625C9-236B-4D2D-8EFF-103C7921392B.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 18
2783EB67-84E3-42BD-9744-DE16585A5034.jpeg
Hello!
I´m new here so this will be my first post. Just want to share that me and my friend was invited to a big HiFi-exhibition here in Sweden called Sweetspot. It was the elite of the HiFi-retailer from all over Sweden.......and 2 simple guys showing some vintage stuff from our collection. The response was massive!

Greetings from Sweden!

Wow - that’s awesome! I have always wanted to do that - bring my vintage rig to a hi-fit show and watch people freak out when they come in and hear how favorably it compares to other systems being exhibited that would be much more expensive (although like yours, my vintage rig isn’t cheap).

Your picture deserves to be displayed larger, so I blew it up for you - very nice ;)

IMG_2923.JPG fullsizeoutput_855.jpeg
What does any self-respecting AK'r do when there is no traditional stereo cabinet or shelving that will contain the BEAST? Design and build a custom "rack", of course. Angle iron, cheap plywood (floor underlayment), and lag screws. Pro tip - don't forget to drill a pilot hole for ALL the lag screws. The photo doesn't show that I made the rack to look like reclaimed wood. I did a coarse sanding, painted two coats of brown, then wiped on ebony stain to highlight the grain marks and imperfections, then two coats of poly. The Sony PS-4300 is on active duty while the Pioneer PL-540 is in the shop with speed problems (way too slow on 33 & 45).

Back
Top Bottom