What's Pioneer in your rig?

I have replaced my speakers,
I had : Pioneer Cs-777
I now have: Pioneer HPM-100a
Such a difference in sound, incredible!
In the picture are also the Pioneer HPM-300 he bought for a thriftshop, t
hey already were a massive upgrade from the Cs-777, they also sounded very very nice

Attachments

• IMG-20190410-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190410-WA0002.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 35
I had a Pioneer VSX-305 I got for $9 for my turntable. Pretty crappy....loud buzz (and I do mean LOUD) came through my speakers every time I plugged into the phono jack. Would like to fix it so I can sell it but I don’t know anything about wiring admittedly. That’s why I bought a new receiver. Too bad that one doesn’t work either now :rflmao: oh well.

I had a Pioneer VSX-305 I got for $9 for my turntable. Pretty crappy....loud buzz (and I do mean LOUD) came through my speakers every time I plugged into the phono jack. Would like to fix it so I can sell it but I don’t know anything about wiring admittedly. That’s why I bought a new receiver. Too bad that one doesn’t work either now :rflmao: oh well.

Did you plug a turntable into the phono jack? The Phono jack is only for turntables. Other input devices like CD players, tape decks output line level signal which is way to high for a phono input. If you are plugging a turntable into the Phono input on the receiver you probably need to connect the ground wire from the turntable to the ground lug on the receiver. The loud buzz could be ground 'hum'.

Manuals can be found here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/vsx-305.shtml
Free sign up for an account then you can download the manuals, links at the bottom of the page.
Specifications show input sensitivity for the Phono (MM) input is 2.8mV while the other inputs (CD, TAPE) are 200mV

Did you plug a turntable into the phono jack? The Phono jack is only for turntables. Other input devices like CD players, tape decks output line level signal which is way to high for a phono input. If you are plugging a turntable into the Phono input on the receiver you probably need to connect the ground wire from the turntable to the ground lug on the receiver. The loud buzz could be ground 'hum'.

Manuals can be found here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/vsx-305.shtml
Free sign up for an account then you can download the manuals, links at the bottom of the page.
Specifications show input sensitivity for the Phono (MM) input is 2.8mV while the other inputs (CD, TAPE) are 200mV
Yep, just a turntable, connected the ground as well. The funny thing is, if I adjust the RCA cables’ position it stops. So not sure. But regardless, I’m getting my new receiver returned within the next week which doesn’t have this problem.

I had a VSX-305. May have already said that in this thread, but I recently sold it for $20. You really couldn’t hook up B speakers as one of the clamps(?) for the ground was missing. Still, hope it serves the buyer well. $20 is $20 I suppose :)

Back
Top Bottom