What's Pioneer in your rig?

New Here. What I have:

Presently, I am running an SX-1050 through a pair of Revel M20s (Big Unit for a pair of large bookshelves, I know...but it sounds nice regardless). I have a Denon Digital Receiver along with 5 JBLs not getting used at the moment because the 1050 w/ Revels sounds so good... even w/ movies.

PL-570 Turntable is collecting dust.

So is my CTF-9191 tape deck.

Most of my Music is tied up in CDs these days, so the Analog stuff doesn't get turned on much.

I am using a DV-414 for CDs & DVDs. Great Sound & Very sharp picture for a non-progressive scan DVD player, although I really need to hook up a progressive to take advantage of my 51" High Def. Hope to get to that soon. Will Probably pick up the DV-578A-S for that purpose.

If your are "light" on Pioneer, I'd like to see your Kennwood List!!

ReEdger said:
Somehow, I've ended up with a bunch of Kenwood stuff, mostly integrated amps and tuners. I'm a little shy on the Pioneer stuff, but here goes:
I have two receivers, an SX-1980 and an SX-1250. The lone integrated amp is the 110 watt SA 9800 with wood case and two TX 9500 tuners. I have one pair of CS99's, a pair of CS77's, another pair of the little CS44's. I also have two oddball units that I haven't decided what to do with yet, a singleton CS66 speaker and a lone TX 6700 tuner.
I would have more Pioneer stuff if I could just find more of it for sale! :naughty:
Almost forgot, I have a Realistic STA2000. that's a Pioneer made unit, isn't it?

Not a bad selection of Pioneer stuff. My three systems have Pioneer receivers
:

Master BR. Pioneer QX-8000 Quad

Livingroom Pioneer SX 6000, a two channel version of the the QX 8000.

Guestroom Pioneer QX-4000, a baby sized Quad receiver I found on the 'Bay this winter.

All have a tube like sound and great tuner sections :D Got another QX-8000 on the way!! No wife factor for now! :naughty:

Eric

Sorry I let go of a decent SX 850.

RastaFish said:
I seem to find more Pioneer stuff in my thrift store hunting than most other brands, here is what I have currently:

QX-949 (currently in use as my primary amp)
SX-1010
SX-828
SX-3700
SX-850
SX-880
SX-550 (recently officially declared a parts unit)

Always looking for more!

Should of Mothballed that 850!! She was a beauty :worried:

Eric

My Pioneer Stuff

Hello,
Still new here but i have what i think are some cool pioneer Pieces.

A-77X Integrated Amp. Bought new in germany in 85.

SX-636 Receiver. 30 bucks from a retired lady.

SX-990 Receiver. 10 bucks at a flea market.

VSX-711 Receiver. Purchased new.

CS-A700 Speakers. Traded a 17" computer monitor for them.

DT-500 Timer. 3 bucks at a rummage sale.

And i'm sure there will be more to come.

Hello to all

Brought back this "system" from overseas back in '79
SA 9800 Amp
TX 9800 Tuner
CT-F950 Cassette
SG 9800 Equalizer
RG 2 Processor
SR 303 Reverb
PL 650 Turntable
and some Kenwood KL 999 speakers

Wow, so much Pioneer stuff from you people. I have to admit that normally if someone would make a comment about Pioneer I wouldn't say that I am a huge fan, but when I think about it, I have a ton of Pioneer stuff that is part of my various setups, and its all there because I like the stuff.

In my living room TV setup, I also have a Pioneer PL-88FS turntable. This thing sounds pretty good (a little bright, maybe brittle sounding) and the sliding action on the turntable is slow. But it's cool - front loading. The living room is also centered around a cheapo DVS-D514. For the $100 it cost, it does an outstanding job of driving the bunch of Bose I have - I think it's perfect for TV.

I used to have a CLD-M401 laser disc in the living room, but its now waiting for a place in the basement setup (my good one!). We just don't watch lasers much any more and the CD changer features weren't very good.

On my test bench I use a little Pioneer SA-510 amp. Does the job.

In my "junk/to be sold or given away to friends" pile there is a bunch of stuff. I have two pairs of HPM-40's (I had some 100's that a good friend is now enjoying for $25 - I make them pay!!). One pair I might use as substitutes in my pool-house for my beloved Dynaudios that will go out for repair. The others are sans woofer. The HPMs are outstanding - similar to, but better than JBLs. There is Pioneer turntable in that pile - nothing exciting - PL-560 (ebay fodder). I really like a receiver that is in that pile - my $2 garage sale find a few weeks back - a SX-939. Receivers aren't supposed to sound good (or sound like anything) - this one sure does. It passed the audition very nicely and I think I'll save it for a worthy friend (not ebay!). There also is an SX-434 ($5 yard sale) in the pile. There probably are a few others in there - tuners, cassettes?? I'm sure I've forgotten some.

I've sold a bunch of Pioneer stuff on ebay. Some good, some not so good. I remember several sets of headphones - I didn't like ANY of them, but to each their own, they were very marketable - somebody liked them. I used to have a nice Reel to Reel RT-1011L. It was outclassed once I got my two Otari 5050's (and I rarely use reel tape any more anyway) so it got ebayed.

See my signature, what's currently on.
I want to sell one of the SX-737 in the next weeks.
Still I'm searching for some HPM-100's and a SPEC-1 and -2.
I started my Pioneer life with the very good TX-7800 I still have now since more than 20 years and love my SX-980 which is currently running. So many collector items out there...

I have some CS-77's I am restoring right now, also have a PD-9F08 101 cd changer and I like the cd sound from digital and analog connections, although the analog into my Jolida is my preferred way to listen to them. I also have a DV-563A multidisc dvd audio/sacd player. I must say I really enjoy Pioneer's sound. I bought a Denon as my main receiver, but I would definitely give the Pioneer brand a tryout next time around.

I've got an SX-1250 that's my secondary system.

And an SX-780 that's my backup to the secondary system.

Both are very fine units.

Drybasement said:
I've got an SX-1250 that's my secondary system.

And an SX-780 that's my backup to the secondary system.

Both are very fine units.

Drybasement, what is your primary system??? NYV

P.S. I like the picture of Trane.

All this electronic gear I bought last week. SX-780 hooked to my PC. SA-7500II, TX-6500II and a, PL12D in the bedroom. Two pair of HMP 100's. (Bought 1st pair in 1977, and picked up the 2nd pair last month for $50). One pair as front channel for my HT system, and a second pair in my listening room with my main system. The pair with my HT, will soon be stacked with the others in the listening room.

gonzo said:
I have two pairs of speakers,HPM-100 AND 60.I also have a SX-650 just sitting.
You can send it to me, and it can sit at my house, hooked to some Advents, and a TT. :D

An aquaintance at work overheard me talking about my vintage stereo collection and said he had a couple of old stereo pieces that were collecting dust in his basement, would I be interested. He claimed he caught his wife trying to sneak them to the trash and offered to sell the lot to me for $100. I nearly dropped my teeth when I walked into his place. Sure, he warned me about the dust, but I was not prepared for near perfect cosmetic condition of each piece. He was the original owner and bought them straight out of the military. Used regularly for 5 years when the receiver died. He decided to replace the setup with new.
The receiver needed the output relays changed out ($60 including cleaning and calibration of tuner section and verifying voltages) and the tape deck needs new rollers and belts (future work), but the turntable and speakers were fully functional.
Pics to follow.
Receiver: SX-950
Tape Deck: CTF-8282
Turntable: PL-117d
Speakers: CS-811a
Until I get a chance to go over the other items with a fine-tooth comb, the 950 is has taken over for my MAC1700 running KEF 103.2's and doing an amazing job at it. I don't even miss the MAC. The Pioneer is a keeper.
Oh, yeah... I also have a Pioneer Elite 550 head unit in my car. 50 watts x 4. I love the fact it plays MP3's and has advanced subwoofer and outboard amp controls and remote cd-changer support built in. XMS ready.
-Buck

Last edited:
Hey Buck,
Way to save those Pioneer's from a terrible fate, and get yourself a damn good deal to boot! :thmbsp: Welcome to the community.

Retro

Not much in the way of Pioneer

But so far it seems i own a rare piece of Pionner Kit, A D23 Electronic Crossover network. I could not live without it.
By the way, does anyone know how to get user or service manuals for this unit?

Back
Top Bottom