What's so good about Cornwalls??

Polarbear

Over the past few years I've had many a Klipsch speaker but I've never come across a set of Cornwalls. I started with Chorus I's then to Klipschorns and not long after KG4's, Quartets and Forte I's but never any Cornies! Now, I've certainly read about them and kind of determined for myself that they would be very similar to my Chorus I's but with more bass so I never really lusted after them (not that I saw any for sale in my area).

Some may remember that a few months ago I decided to part with my Khorns because of a change in my audio room size and they no longer would work in my smaller room. They sat unused for 5 months and after long consideration I decided to sell. Before the final decision however I did ponder a few things such as tearing out a load bearing wall in my basement or possibly moving to another house (I really loved my Khorns) but neither option made sense so I let them go.

Fast forward to about 2-3 weeks ago when I came across an add in a city 2 hours from where I live for a set of "minty" Cornwall I's. He was looking to downsize and I was curious as to what the Cornwall could do. I had done a bit of research and realized they would be larger then my Chorus' but when I actually saw them in person I could not believe the size of them:sigh:. They absolutely burst with such a big gorgeous tone, that I was really taken a back!

I've had some time with them now and although they need new caps and I will be upgrading the tweeter I am still VERY impressed with the huge soundstage and listenability of these speakers. In my opinion, compared to my current lineup of Klipsch speakers (forte II's, Chorus I's) the Cornwalls are considerably better. I never would have expected that and I'm extremely thankful to be part of the Cornwall club now.

Cheers!

I would think they would not sound as good as your Khorns did, am I wrong here ? I am working on a doctor friend of mine who has a mint set if khorns sitting in a spare bedroom and havnt even been hooked up in 5 years.

You're right, they're no Khorns. They are however a lot closer to the Khorn sound than my forte I's, forte II's, Chorus I's, Quartets, and KG4's ever were.

local guy has a pair of very nearly mint consecutive serial Cornies for 800$

im SOOOOOOO tempted.

how much better are the cornwalls than my Forte II with crites tweets?
i love the smoothness of the forte. i really like the tracktrix midrange

im SOOOOOOO tempted.

Much, much better. I have them both, & aside from the logo on the cabinets, there's really no comparison.
Don't start aguein' with me about "they both have horn tweets", etc.:smoke:
The Cornwalls really are - as so many have said - in a different league.
Prices vary from region to region, but where I am that's a fair price for a pair as described.

im SOOOOOOO tempted.

i love the smoothness of the forte. i really like the tracktrix midrange

I find the Cornwall to have a fuller, less directional sound as well as better separation between instruments.

I find the Cornwall to have a fuller, less directional sound as well as better separation between instruments.

I agree, for me a Cornwall 3 way :music: I hear L&R and Up and Down in the cabinets on some songs better then 2 ways. Pop's Khorns did too and with a with different tone of bass. Spoil you growing up around them, and then years later searching "That Sound". :yes:

Still waiting for my Cornwall search to end, so I can stop looking for a set of speakers. I currently use a minty set of Heresy II's with a Canton sub, but am looking forward to auditioning a set of Corny's.

Back
Top Bottom