what's the correct hook to run a MC-2100 in bridged config.

zobsky

fringe lunatic
don't have a manual so can't figure this out for myself

which channel accepts the RCA-in and what's the output hookup

Rocker switch to Mono position, feed input to Right channel input and use right gain control to set level. For output you will need to know speaker impedence - if 8 ohms - tie the 16 ohm outputs together and feed speaker from the 16 and common. If a 4 ohm speaker tie the 8 ohm taps together and feed from 8 ohm and common to speaker.

tried that,

this is to (temporarily) power sub 40Hz signals to a 12" adire shiva subwoofer DVC driver in 4ohm config.

left 8ohm tied to right 8ohm and also used left common (ground)

i notice that both channels on the mac gets quite warm in bridged mode, ... .. much warmer than just using a single channel (4 ohm) in stereo mode (other channel unused)

is this normal? this is for low to normal volume levels

Could possibly have some offset in one of the channels, depending on the version of 2100 you have it may have an adjustment. Yes even with autoformers you can have a small amount of DC offset, but I bet it is just caused by the level that the amp is being run at, it disipates maximum heat somewhere between 30% and 50% power.

Originally posted by dewickt
Could possibly have some offset in one of the channels, depending on the version of 2100 you have it may have an adjustment. Yes even with autoformers you can have a small amount of DC offset, but I bet it is just caused by the level that the amp is being run at, it disipates maximum heat somewhere between 30% and 50% power.

how would i do some quick troubleshooting on this.

my tools are limited to a dual trace oscilloscope and a multimeter

thanks

checked the DC on the output taps , .. about 10mv on each channel , so should be okay , .. the heat still puzzles me though, .. thanks Terry

BTW, .. looking through the manual, .. apart from the constant power output at a bunch of different impedances, ..there is also a way to hook the 2100 up to provide 25 volt constant. what is that all about?

25V and 70V constant voltage systems are used in many commercial instalations, amp is run at rated power and each speaker has a power matching transformer and sometimes an "L" pad to set its level. This is used in offices and stores for PA and music systems.

Back
Top Bottom