Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

When fall gets here, and the cool winds start to blow, I'll spin this in its entirety, as I have every fall for many years now.

308578.jpg

I just finished Alvin Lee before logging on and as a weird twist I listened to Loretta before that

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5
I have a 40 year old habit of listening to the entire album always. I have discovered so many songs and or so much music that way plus that is all we could do "back in the day" so since I rarely spin vinyl I will listen the the digital album in proper order several times before I listen any other way. Just a habit now that connects me with my origins into music appreciation.

Tonight I am listening to "The Complete Recordings of Peggy Lee" 1941-1947 with Benny Goodman. It's got enough static on the recording to be vinyl.

Finally found a near mint copy. Probably my favorite from Floyd. Both sides last night :)

Attachments

• 20150903_072611.jpg
    20150903_072611.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 11
I also always listen to the whole album all the way through whether it's digital or Vinyl. My friend however (he used to be a DJ in his younger days) will sit and select single tracks from my digital setup and generate a playlist to listen to while we and our respective partners chat. I quite enjoy it as I never know what's coming next.

I always listen to the entire album. Woodstock, two weeks ago, (3LP) was at last a bit tiring. Probably I have listened it to death in the last decades.

Howard Roberts "Guilty" + "Good Pickin's", I transferred them to digital files then cleaned them up in Sound Forge Pro 11.0 and burned them to a CD two days ago.

Finally found a near mint copy. Probably my favorite from Floyd. Both sides last night :)
I bought my copy of Meddle when I was on vacation in Montreal about 40 years ago.
I think in all those years I've played it through twice. :eek:

Anybody that listens to Joe Maphis is smarter than the average bear... lol

Joe wasn't called the "King of the Strings" for nothing. One of my all-time favorite musicians of any genre.

Back
Top Bottom