What's up with having to log-in twice ???

the_nines

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I open AK, put my username and password. I'm in!

Go to the Turntables forum. I click on the sticky "DIY Projects & Setup Info" then click on a thread "Built a plinth ...". I have to log-in again! So, I log-in again.

When shutting AK for the evening, I log-off.

Next morning I open up AK, I'm already logged-in. Apparently, I never logged-off, but I did!

Is this a bug or part of the new format?

Bit of a pain if it's part of the new format.

Old vbulletin threads. When searching google+Audiokarma+------- and it brings me to an old thread, same thing happens to me.

You mean I've been freeing up bandwidth for nothing and we're supposed to stay logged in until the end of time? :D
All you're doing by logging out is marking the web cookie as unlogged. Staying logged in marks it the opposite.

It's just a time saver / convenience feature. No reason not to use it unless you have someone else who might visit AK on that computer.

All you're doing by logging out is marking the web cookie as unlogged. Staying logged in marks it the opposite.

It's just a time saver / convenience feature. No reason not to use it unless you have someone else who might visit AK on that computer.
Ok, thanks. I thought to log out when not in use.

Still though, is it normal to have to log in again as I mentioned in my op?

There's apparently a separate server that contains a bit of the older 'archive' stuff, and while it accepts the same username and password as the normal server, they apparently don't share cookies. So yeah, I've seen what you describe. I'd not sweat it.

I've logged in twice ... once in '09 and again around '13 if I remember right. <G>

There's apparently a separate server that contains a bit of the older 'archive' stuff, and while it accepts the same username and password as the normal server, they apparently don't share cookies. So yeah, I've seen what you describe. I'd not sweat it.
Thanks for the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom