What's your Beef?

I guess if you really want to, you can justify all kinds of racist, environmentally destructive, isolationist, intolerant, and anti social attitudes by simplifying issues to their lowest common denominator and insisting that the world owes you everything because you were born in the U.S.

So you'd be fired, huh? Now who's being self-righteous?

What a bunch of crap.

Why don't you try formulating your own opinions instead of getting them over the internet.

Lee

You sure can spew loaded buzzwords can't ya? I'm surprised you didn't find a way to work misogynist in there somewhere.

Silence is always a good option when one lacks humor.

How about this....

Restaurants that give you a whole freaking shot glass full of orange juice :mad: . Dammit, I want a man sized glass!

Why the hell is it that restaurants treat tartar sauce, blue cheese, and orange juice like they ought to be traded on the precious commodities markets? :uzi:

Really pissed off!

I can't believe that I am
in complete agreement with every last pet peeve, complaint,
protest,grievance,clamor,
gripe and beef. And let me add the following: The idiot drivers that wait until the light changes to turn on their blinker. And... those damn on screen logos, and other animated distractions that tell you what you're watching, what's on next and what's on next month. All this after 10 minutes of commercials, promos, newsbreaks, And could they jam anymore information on the screen durning "BREAKING NEWS". Where's the picture? Oh Ya, wedged above the crawl and between the station logo and the little chopper cartoon with just enough room for the dow info and the time and temp. Whew! Thanks. :eek:

Even more things that piss me off...

1. Hacks on the job. One particular repir I remember here. I was doing a basement (HVAC) when the boss calls and tells me a final (in the same subdivision) got dinged (failed). I packed up (it was about 330 that afternoon) and went to this house. I looked at the fail card then went into the basement. All of the return air duct was 1/4 inch off the joist (unused space), the panning had gaps, and in general, it looked like shit (If I were the homeowner, I would be raising hell). After I pulled off the headers and began to raise the duct, I found the spaces for the returns were all cut short (insuffucient reutrn). I even found things the inspector didn't note. Two hours later, the system was fixed (almost all of it was in a crawl space). I found out who did this basement, which leads me to...

2. Kids who think they know everything, when they really don't know diddly-shit. I had the misfortune of getting partnered with this hack kid (involuntarily) this past fall. His father went on disability (they work as a team). This a**hole was disrespectful, didn't follow instructions, his work looked like shit and he couldn't figure out why I was becoming a total (same expletive as before). I literally rejoiced when his father came back and I was working solo again. Apparently, the kid does most of the work and the father sits on his ass.

3. Warehouse people who screw up parts orders. If we need parts, we call and they bring us out what we need (or we can pick it up). There was one time I ordered a 8-7 reducer and PVC dope. I got a 9-6 reducer and silicone. Fortunately, the person who pulled this one was later fired. Right now, the warehouse people are doing a good job.

4. 2X8 floor/cieling joists. It is a pain in the butt to run a 7 inch pipe in a 7 1/4 inch space. I also hate cutting the boots to fit.

5. Throwing away my money in rent. Unfortunately, I was laid off this winter (didn't get squat on unemployment). I don't think the mob would finance me for a house.

6. The United States Postal Service. These idiots lost credit protection forms I sent during the layoff. They can't figure out what "return to sender" means (I get lots of mail for previous tenants) and put their mail right back in my postal box.

7. Nosy neighbors. Back where I'm originally from, this one person, known as "the old maid" can't keep her nose out of our business. She doesn't think I'm capable of doing anything (I could care less, she can freeze for all I care). Another neighbor (who I am very close to) told me the old maid was badmouthing me. If it's what I think it is (he hasn't told me what it was), I'll sue and get everything she has and ever hopes to have.

8. The fact that I can attract mosquitos like crazy (Deep Woods OFF is good here), but can't get a woman (they hate me on site, all I have to do is show up).

I'm always pissed.

What's my beef?

liberal pukes that don't give a rats a$$ about using or preserving the land, but step in and fowl everything up. Go ask a fishermen, outdoors men or hunter about using and maintaining the land...then go ask some liberal who gets too much air time on Tv of their plans. Funny...most of the people who I know that hunt, fish and actually use (and care about) the outdoors are not liberal Dems! Of course the liberals have preserved alot of land over the years...what they're preserving it for is beyond me...because the land is not open to the public to even walk on and enjoy. You can't hunt the land any more...you can't fish the land any more...You can't even walk on the land any more...hell, I doubt that these liberals that chose to fight for this land even have pictures of the land they helped to close! of course...they've probably long forgot about the land I can't use any more and moved on to something they feel is more important...like getting rid of the Ten Commandments :mad:

Sorry...but the environmentalists really piss me off. I live in a state that has tried (a couple of times) to ban the use of large cal weapons...the use of a 12 gauge shotgun qualifies in this catagory...and is not excluded in any way. What the heck are you going to hunt water fowl with? Oh yeah...We don't have any more land that we can hunt from...that's too has been takin' away from us.

With the final hours of 2002 ticking away, Chicago had 645 homicides--down 20 from 2001 when the city led the nation. Los Angeles was poised to take that title in 2002, with 656 slayings through Saturday. But Chicago was way ahead of the pack in the murder rate--with 22.3 slayings per 100,000 people. The murder rate was 17.8 in Los Angeles and 7.2 in New York. New York, with nearly three times the population of Chicago, was likely to record fewer than 600 murders for the first time since 1963. The city had 575 homicides through Sunday.

yet

The City of Chicago's 1982 gun control ordinance is one of the most restrictive gun control measures in the country. Still, data compiled every year by the Chicago Police Department show that the number of murders in the city ebbs and flows with little respect for gun control laws. For example, the number of murders in the city started falling before passage of the city's 1982 gun control ordinance. Five years later, the number of murders in the city began to climb steadily. By gun control's tenth anniversary in 1992, the number of murders in the city was back where it had been a decade before gun control.

But wait...we're number one now!

ok...I'm done...fer now:uzi:

fuc**ing family reunions in walmart. i have actually run over people just to get their fat a*s out of the way.

loud exaust on cars

life in general pisses me off.......:smsex:

Ebay sellers who have not even bothered to email you two days after you've won an auction and paid for the item! :(

What pisses me off is he emailed me right away with the shipping costs and total but I ain't heard a word since paying him. I am not worried he's gonna stiff me I am just pissed that he doesn't seem to be in as much of a hurry to ship my item as he was to get paid :mad:

Rules. I don't like rules. I don't even like the TERM "rule". Could've just as easily called it "The Golden Floip" and nobody would've questioned it. NOW you can't do it because everybody is used to calling it The Golden Rule (which lacks the pizzazz of "floip").

Toasted Almond

Originally posted by THOR
Ebay sellers who have not even bothered to email you two days after you've won an auction and paid for the item! :(

Right on Thor!!Quick to take your money then you spend 2 weeks guessing where your item went!!

Alan

Some of the things that really piss me off are.....Comming home from work wanting to wash my hands.. and finding a bunch of empty Beer Cans in the sink...and I have been complaining for years about it...go figure!!!

The urbanising of our society...everything you see today is urbanised...McDonalds...comercials on TV...sitcoms...music in general...its gettin pretty bad when you see Fred Flintstone and Barney Breakdancin'..the Trix Rabbit with two turntables and a microphone rappin' and doin the Hip Hop thing

The Friend of the Court..and Child Welfare systems...supposed to be there to help our children... ..but dont give a damn about them...just as long as the paperwork gets done properly

The military that sends our boys and girls..(bein' PC) off to fight without being properly equiped and protected and fight a war with their hands tied behind their backs because of "rules of Engagment"...the enemy doesnt have those rules to fight by...

Now our boys are in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense? However, our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month, and most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed you in harm's way receive a pension of $15,000 per month. I would like to see our elected officials pick up
a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and
lowering pay for our sons and daughters

(that last part is an exerpt from a statement By Rush Limbough, But it makes sense!!)

Other than the ones listed by the other members...Thats all I can think of for now...expect additions as they they happen!!

More things that piss me off

1. Typos. Missing a typo on a message board is not good.

2. My public school experience. I had the misfortune of being educated in the Warren City Schools (Ohio). There are too many things to list, but I'll touch on a few. I remember a math teacher who spent most of the period (a short one at that) kissing up to the minority students instead of teaching the class. There was another math teacher who basically had us recopying the textbook instead of teaching us what was in it. All in all, if i had to depend on the education I got from this school system, I wouldn't be qualified to flip burgers. If I had kids, there would be a cold day in hell before I would enroll them there. When I could vote, I voted against every school levy they put on the ballot. Trades are good.

3. Builders who find that another trade ripped down one of our heat runs and wait to call us until after the house fails final inspection.

4. Other trades that destroy my ductwork so they can have an easier time running their stuff. I love having them backcharged.

5. All the damn cold, snow and ice. Every house I have done recently has been a wind tunnel, and that wind stings. The house I finished Friday was one of those said wind tunnels. The front door was installed with no locksets, so I used a piece of rebar to latch the door. One of the Mexican framers (or maybe a roofer) kicked the door in and destroyed the jamb (the builder in this subdivision uses a lot of Mexican labor, and most of them are good workers).

6. The fact the all the video stores (all franchises) have 97 copies of "Dudu, where's My Car" on DVD and almost nothing good.This defeats the purpose of having a DVD player. BTW: If I am offending fans of "Dude", I'm not offending many people.

7. The fact that most of the media outlets, especially CBS, ignored the fact that President Kennedy was assassinated 40 years ago. My family taped the MSNBC, Court TV, ABC, History Channel and FOX specials. What really pisses me off is that CBS, the network best known for its coverage (first on the air) did nothing. It also peaves me that the nets didn't make their coverage available on VHS or DVD. I think ABC's coverage no longer exists. Maybe the idiots in charge didn't think their key demographic would know who Walter Cronkite is. I'm grateful for what WAS presented.

8. Network idiots who approve the spew that makes up TV programming today. Let's see, we have reality TV (I hate it all), sitcoms that are not funny, no closing credits, soap operas who think all teens all the time, and firing veteran actors are going to bring sagging ratings up. Dan Rather interrupting As the World Turns to give us continuous coverage of Dubyuh farting. If our old sets could talk, at least mine, would say: "I can't believe I'm showing this shit."

9. The fact that Dumbyuh will be reelected and take 49 of 50 states.

Man, I'm pissed.

Back
Top Bottom