whats your christmas drink ?

luke85

heres mine

cc6b6ee00d2c95e88596097a4977d620--grouse-the-snow.jpg

It used to be homemade egg nog, with some good Bourbon in it.

Now, doc says that's off limits. Every once in a while I'll have a glass of a good Malbec.

Winter Warlock ~Bristol Brewery~ here in Colorado Springs, until I went over my limit. Let's just say this porter doesn't sound good anymore. I drink more Guinness during the winter months.

My family has been making the traditional Four Roses Eg Nog recipe for over 60 years. We double the recipe, same amount of work & twice the fun! Here are the directions:

DIRECTIONS
(Four Roses recipe from 1937)

Beat separately yolks and whites of 6 eggs. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to yolks while beating. Then add 1/4 cup of sugar to whites after they have been beaten very stiff. Mix egg whites with yolks and stir in 1 pint of cream and 1 pint of milk
Finally, pour in a pint of Four Roses® and 1 oz. Jamaica Rum. and stir thoroughly.

Makes 5 pints of the grandest eggnog ever ladled into a cup.
Serve very cold with grated nutmeg.

I will use Four Roses Yellow Label bourbon or any whiskey of your choosing. It all works. I'll splash some brandy in there as well. For the rum I go with Meyer's, certainly more than 1 oz.The nog MUST be left in the fridge for 24 hours to reach optimum temperature and to allow the flavors to meld together before consumption. Enjoy.

Winter Warlock ~Bristol Brewery~ here in Colorado Springs, until I went over my limit. Let's just say this porter doesn't sound good anymore. I drink more Guinness during the winter months.

Mine used to be Frambozen until New B canceled it... so I've been known to keep some Warlock in the fridge.

My family has been making the traditional Four Roses Eg Nog recipe for over 60 years. We double the recipe, same amount of work & twice the fun! Here are the directions:

DIRECTIONS
(Four Roses recipe from 1937)

Beat separately yolks and whites of 6 eggs. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to yolks while beating. Then add 1/4 cup of sugar to whites after they have been beaten very stiff. Mix egg whites with yolks and stir in 1 pint of cream and 1 pint of milk
Finally, pour in a pint of Four Roses® and 1 oz. Jamaica Rum. and stir thoroughly.

Makes 5 pints of the grandest eggnog ever ladled into a cup.
Serve very cold with grated nutmeg.

I will use Four Roses Yellow Label bourbon or any whiskey of your choosing. It all works. I'll splash some brandy in there as well. For the rum I go with Meyer's, certainly more than 1 oz.The nog MUST be left in the fridge for 24 hours to reach optimum temperature and to allow the flavors to meld together before consumption. Enjoy.
Your recipe is close to mine. A few differences, but nothing major. But along with the bourbon and rum, I also add apple and blackberry brandies.

Apple cider. Cold. If I'm feeling overly festive, maybe with some sort of cinnamon flavor alcohol stuff. Can't do too much of that though, the sugar will give you a killer headache.

I had a bad experience some years ago mixing dairy and alcohol and ever since then the very notion of it gives me the shivers. Oddly I can drink non-alco eggnog without problems.

Since the girls will be over, it'll just be iced tea to go with our lasagna.

With Xmas Eve dinner though, I'll pop open a nice bottle of wine, as I have been making Chateaubriand as our special "empty nester" dinner the past few years. Unless we start in early with margaritas or piña coladas, then all bets are off. :D

I don't care for eggs, so, no egg nog.

Not alone I see with the Nog vote.:beerchug:

Have lost my mom's homemade egg nog formula, so if anyone would like to share either in message or on thread, please clue me in, eh? HM is so much better!

Thanks in advance,

Have great listening:music: this Yuletide, All!

Q

Back
Top Bottom