what's your go to snacking/munching foods

jami w.

just being me thats all
once a month ill go and buy 10 quahogs, a lemon, and my reaper sauce. and sit down. im armed with my shucking knife and plate. and devour them raw including the filtered saltwater in the shells.
growing up on the maine coast i've been eating these raw since about 5 yrs old, including scallops, steamers aka little necks, cherrystones. on the halfshell.

so show us your tasty snack foods.
1525618658301121251788.jpg

Mine would be Sociable crackers, with a slice of white sharp cheddar on them, then a few drops of my hot sauce.

I have to stop buying these, can't stop eating them.

imageService

Did somebody say Quahog?

411758bba88b280000de872ca6c7de58b773b660_hq.jpg

Favorite bedtime snack is some green grapes, a wedge of hard cheese, and beef jerky or salami ...

PS - if you're wondering where beef jerky comes from ...

b596c20bc81adaea7f04732c0c1f39e1.jpg

Another recent addition to the munchy menu ... even sort of healthy, and a lot of variety.
popped_chips.png

Last edited:
I pop corn in one of those Presto plastic poppers in the microwave, then dump some light olive oil or olive oil & butter on it. IMO, the best popcorn is the inexpensive stuff they sell by the bag in Walmart. I go through a bag every two weeks or so.

I have to stop buying these, can't stop eating them.

imageService

Those are really good and a bargain. Fairly high in calories, 8 pieces 140 and its easy to suck back 30 of them for 500+ calories. Think I'll grab a few handfuls now.

Those are really good and a bargain. Fairly high in calories, 8 pieces 140 and its easy to suck back 30 of them for 500+ calories. Think I'll grab a few handfuls now.

Washing them down with a cold beer is pure bliss!

I have been substituting them with these Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzels to cut down on the calories. They are so good also!

p-hmo_fa7f23ff8f0fcd2ff39c03771fbbf961.png

Spent some time in Chicago last year and got hooked on Garretts. This is the stuff they sell at Cubs games and it's a mixture of two different flavors of popcorn i.e. cheese and caramel. Sounds crazy but those two flavors really work together.

%402x_515x300_CatLanding_GarrettMix(1).jpg

If you're a self respecting southerner you might have to put boiled peanuts near the top of your list. Boiled in salt water they're the official state snack of South Carolina. Most northerners haven't heard of them much less tried them. Some say they're an acquired taste but I wouldn't know as I've eaten them all my life.

peanuts3.jpg

Utz Pub Mix always disappears way faster than it should-I'm grateful that Costco sells such big jars :D

There's a lot of good snacks out there, including many that have already been mentioned.
I do seriously try to stay away from snacks, specially real fatty ones because I'm unable to
exerciser enough but, occasionally my better judgement looses to the snack demon. But, I try
to keep it simple so that I can always find what I like in stock at the local retailer. Right now
it's 3.5 lb. canister of Red Vines and the Family size box of Cheez-it's, other times it's a pound bag of M&M's with peanuts
or just a real good 1/2 pound bag of Beef Jerky. Hopefully I can restrain myself so that what I
do snack on at the moment lasts longer then the usual 3-4 days, when I binge I BINGE!
And for those wondering, I still weigh as much as I did when I was in my twenties, under 160 lbs. at 5'7".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom