What's your latest audio purchase?

Killer!!!!
That's some son you have.
I thought the Carvers have their own powered sub.

Thanks, actually I am blessed to have two awesome sons, and one more awesome granddaughter!
The Carvers can be purchased without or with a powered sub. My son already had a suitable powered sub so the Carvers were ordered without the sub.

Latest,mainly another EV-7100 amp for my computer desk rack-mounted headphone/nearfield system,first amp has some sorta ??? issue w/the no.2 XLR input.
Just easier & cheaper to buy another (one can find awesome deals on these EV-7100 amps if they're patient).
Nice robust dual mono design for that amp too.

That hp/nf system is really sounding nice now !!!

Also recently scored another Parasound D/AC-1000 for my "big" rack enclosure system (mostly Adcom gear in this).
Love the one in that ^^^^ headphone/nearfield system so much that another D/AC-1000 was a no-brainer for this rack enclosure system as well.
Again these Parasound D/AC's can be real "sleepers" and as such they can be bought very reasonably for the quality of the gear you're getting.

Oh yeah,also scored some rack mounts for my AudioSource AMP TWO,but that's NBD really.

Did I mention that I'm really into rack mount gear ??? ---LOL---

FWIW

Bret P.

This is a bit out of the ordinary for my usual C-list grabs but it was nearby and the price was right. I've walked by that Fisher many times but I never even focused in on it because of the Studio Standard name. There's a 4 gang tuner, wide-narrow band and dual transformers in that heavy little tuner. I've had a Sanyo Plus t35 before so I knew that's a nice tuner and the Sony cd player was free and works well to.

Attachments

• 20170120_154949.jpg
    20170120_154949.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 46
Just some tonearm wire, rca sockets and van damme phono cables so I can finally get both channels up and running on my Garrard Lab 80. Hopefully there will also be some improvement in sound over the original crappy phono cables that were soldered in - which to be fair actually sound pretty good.

19805130.jpg

Less than $140, with stock cable but without earpads. Not bad, considering the stock cable alone for these costs $200. Now I'm working on the missing earpads problem.

Marantz PM-10S1 integrated amplifier, February expected delivery date. Also purchased a pair of Klipsch RP-260F back in November 2016 for PM-15S2/SA-15S2 ancillary system in rec room.

I haven't had them long but so far, so good.

Another member in the headphone section got a pair and kept posting pics so when they dropped under $15, I had to get them.

Until they fall apart, they are pretty dang nice for $15. I have several pairs of nicer headphones but I spent the better part of a day with them. Lightweight, comfortable and non-fatiguing. They have their faults, but those are three pretty good strengths.

I'm pretty easy on gear but I noticed Amazon didn't offer their extended service plan when I got them. That's probably not a good sign.

:D

My second pair of B&W DM23 speakers. No cloth on these, but no major scratches, either.
Better condition coverall than the older 23s were in when I bought them in 2009 (no need to glue the cabinets of the new arrivals, as I did the prior ones). Old AQ Bedrock cables and even older Luxman R-1050 are making the new 23s (and me) pretty happy.

Been on a bit of a spree - I'm almost glad to be back at work as boredom must have set in.
The haul includes;
Krell KAV 400xi in fabulous condition
Grado 225e
Some cables - CTI express Cu and Usher Rapport speaker cables
Cardas Banana to Spade adaptors
Spare NOS Dynaudio D28 AF tweeter
Note to self - keep away from that site for awhile

20170130_165641.jpg KLH Fives. Around 1400 serial numbers. In a weak moment, saw on clist. Very good shape. Need surround sealer and check if original caps. And couple original mid drivers. Am looking for them. Have yet to hear a restored Fives.

Last edited:
I have some speaker wire coming, due to arrive tomorrow. Bought a set of bi-wire Wireworld Eclipse 7 speaker cable. Need a 21 foot run to the far speaker, so ordered the pair at 24', just to make sure I got a bit of extra just in case. Should be a good enough speaker wire to do me for many a year. Will look something like these, but I ordered them with banana plugs.

convert

Regards
Mister Pig

Back
Top Bottom