What's your latest audio purchase?

The Fisher 160 receiver. Non tube solid state made in 1968. Works fine, sounds very nice, looks good too!
A DUAL 1219 turntable. It needed a little cleaning/lubrication, and a stuerpimple. Sounds sweet with a Shure M95ed.

Merlin Music Systems Signature 4. I've had some Merlin 1b speakers for four or five years, and love their coherence, so I jumped on the opportunity to get these on an eBay local pickup near me.

At 5'2" and 220 lbs each, theyre huge. Here they are next to my 1b's

The sound is amazingly coherent, with bass that keeps going lower with seemingly no end. I added some HPM-1500 supertweeters for that little bit of sparkle that they needed, and now I want to come home every night and listen again.

Attachments

• 20171009_205311.jpg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 10
model 19 klh turntable,cause of inexpensive,and im curious,sure i shouldnt have got it,but its on the way,another klh toy.i hear things about the power cord,o no..........an we shall see,hell im in money trouble allready,its time to come out of it all soon..i hope..i dont even know if its 8 ohms,or neds 4 ohms like my model 20 which is for sale,an wonderful...im not able to do as some are with things,i,ll probably never have a mcintosh,an i have had tons of marantz very nice big ones,an onkyo right now is singing,an sounding good through acoustic research,and klh speakers..wonderful..i think ar 2ax is about the best all around speaker ever made,no i never had the extra pricy ar 3a..etc..but im happy very much with these......

So after a few years of trying and 3 failed deals i finally got my 9's :banana::banana::banana:
will power them up tomorrow after i check the tubes. seller triple boxed them so i had to work to get them out but they arrived safe and sound. have to sell off a bunch of stuff now that i got these.

20171012_203405 (800x450).jpg 20171012_204337 (800x450).jpg

20171011_210453.jpg 20171011_191141.jpg Well I just picked up two interesting pieces. I scored a eico HF81 for $400 all original and working in great cosmetic shape. I'm not a tube guy so I think I did ok but i'm not sure. Posting a couple pictures if a subject matter expert could chime in and tell me if I did good and how much I should ask for it as I am not planning on keeping it. It has only one issue and that is the level knob scratches and pops when you turn it and speakers cut in and out. When its in the right position everything works flawlessly.

My second score was a set of Eminent Technology LFT8a speakers with the sound anchors but no grills in otherwise great shape and working flawlessly for $350.

IMG_0194.JPG
Picked this Sumo II up along with a handful of G.A.S. sleeping beauty's and a Denon DL 303 from a gal who used to work for Infinity back in the day.

10/6/2017-Mcintosh MC2505 private party
10/18/2017-Mcintosh MC2105 Audio Classics-wanted more wattage...............

So after a few years of trying and 3 failed deals i finally got my 9's :banana::banana::banana:
will power them up tomorrow after i check the tubes. seller triple boxed them so i had to work to get them out but they arrived safe and sound. have to sell off a bunch of stuff now that i got these.

View attachment 1023472 View attachment 1023475
:eek2:

win920110724-22047-7k6tq4.jpg

Just now bought a Pioneer SX-750 from the original owner in really good condition for $100. He must have pampered this thing. It almost looks like it just came out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom