What's your latest audio purchase?

I'll take any opportunity to show it off

1104171525.jpg

A pair of Boston Acoustics A40 bookshelf speakers for $5.
Complete carcasses. Open circuit all speakers.
You roll the dice and sometimes you lose.:dunno::rolleyes:

Another NAD 106 preamp.
My first one was (is) in very good condition,but this one is in mint condition and has the orginal box w/manual.
Could'nt pass it up,was a little more than my first one,but easily worth every penny it cost.
Not often you'll find a great sounding preamp with XLR outs for a couple benjamins.
Headphone and phono sections are top notch on these preamps as well.

:biggrin:

Bret P.

Saw CL ad for RtR that does 10.5 and have wanted one. Research said well regarded and easy to work on (needs work). And a stack of tapes (all recorded) too. Teac A-6300. $100.

IMG_0029.jpg

I haven't picked them up yet but have a set of Aztec Gaugin III's that I snagged for 60 bucks. I have a weird like for them and they are just cool, I have the larger Monet versions as well.

Most of the cabling needed to run my Tesseracts... A Monster 4 channel XLR snake, male RCA to male XLR cable pair, male RCA to female XLR cable pair, a couple 4 wire speakons, and a couple 2 wire speakons. All Neutrik brand connectors, save for the RCAs. $130 well spent I think.

Now to get the stuff to make the speaker cables. That's where it's going to get costly...

Pretty excited to try these things out for the first time. Still about a month or so off though.

A Sony PS-LX510 from Craisglist for $35. Tone arm controls seem to work ok, but tomorrow I will still regrease it and check the state of the belt there. I will probably get a new cartridge for it as well.

SAM_0364.JPG

In the last few weeks,I have been making a few purchases.The best deal I got was a pair of PSB Stratus Goldi Speakers for 300 bucks.Then in the last 3 days,I bought a Reference by Quadraflex 650FET R receiver,a Marantz 2218 receiver,and a Nikko NR 819 receiver.I've been busy.:).

After lots of research comparing the Oppo 205 to the 105, bought a 105 that looked like it just came off the factory floor for almost 1/2 of what the 205 would have cost. I am impressed with the sound of this player as well as the video qualities.

This.....a "new" listening chair....Stressless by Ekornes

...and yes I know it's green!! :D ....I have never seen one on the used market where I live until now.
...like new....upgraded leather....and I could afford it ....buying new for me would not be an option - too expensive.

Last edited:
This.....a "new" listening chair....Stressless by Ekornes

...and yes I know it's green!! :D ....I have never seen one on the used market where I live until now.
...like new....upgraded leather....and I could afford it ....buying new for me would not be an option - too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom