What's your latest audio purchase?

The best deal I got was a pair of PSB Stratus Goldi Speakers for 300 bucks.

My PSB Stratus Goldi pair was on CL too for $380 but the guy had no takers. I ended up swapping for a couple NAD pieces I wasn't using. Cash is cool but barter is best!

Surprisingly the Goldi's work great in my very small room. The tweeter tends to call a little attention to itself but there's great detail and overall smooth response. In my recliner imaging is fantastic and, probably due to the room being close to "golden ratio" dimensions and luck of seating area. every bass note is perfectly even.

In so many rooms I have labored to achieve even bass throughout the bottom octave and here I had it delivered by dumb luck!

I am seeing so many great deals found by folks here, happy listening to all...

I finally broke down and got a second cart for my tables. I had an Ortofon 2M Red and it sounded great to my ears. I decided to go for the Blue. It had some great reviews. The "crackle" on many albums is gone! I'm happy with it. Now both TT are up and running at the same time. No more swapping headshells.

Then I saw a pair of KLH model fives on CL. They were listed before but apparently didn't sell. The asking price was less than the model sixes I have so I had to get them. They are in great condition. Original grills WITH BADGES and all drivers working. They just need a little cleaning of the cabinet and redoping the surrounds and maybe a recap later.

I joined the After Market Power Cable Club last week with 2 Pangea AC 14 SE MKII cables for my Pre and CDP. Waiting for a PS Audio AC3 for my Amp to get here in a day or two.

Yes, they made a difference in my room with my gear.

A few pieces of "mess with em and die" followed me home. A model 20 mono block allen and a knight 32x2. The knight was loaded with mullards so hoping to salvage something.

Attachments

• 1203171951.jpg
    1203171951.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 1203171952.jpg
    1203171952.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1204171944a.jpg
    1204171944a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1203172012.jpg
    1203172012.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 30
Dual 1019. All functions work, just need to clean it up a bit, and go over the lube points.

Joined the Harman/Kardon club today for $400. Came across a one owner set purchased new in 83 from the gramophone shop in Denver.
HK 715 tuna
HK 725 pre
HK 755 mono block pair

I brought these nice little ADS L300's with brackets home with me from the Vintage Hi Fi Museum in West Hartford Ct. yesterday. Some other speakers that are just a tad bigger are now due to arrive later today:banana:

Attachments

• 20171211_030939.jpg
    20171211_030939.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 29
A pair of Realistic Optimus-1 speakers.
For $5/pair, in excellent shape, how could I leave them?
Overall I really like them.
They will get new crossover caps soon.
let us know how that goes. I've got some an Optimus-1 pair I need to look into.

Back
Top Bottom