What's your latest audio purchase?

ImageResizer.ashx

Audio Research Dac8

SOUNDSMITH AIDA CARTRIDGE: For my Music Hall 9.1 table. Will get it in about a week or two and then have it installed professionally . I’m taking a chance because I’m replacing an Ortofon 2M Black. I did a lot of research and based on what I found this should be an improvement . Sure hope so.

A donor power/speaker switch for my little Pioneer SX-750 receiver. It’s a solder-iron Christmas break! Finally found one...

Nobsound dual TPA3116 mini Class D power amp with NE5532P preamp chip.
Accidental purchase, dunno how but glad to have it. Merry Christmas to me.

this is "HER" latest audio purchase, an early christmas present for me :)
sony ta f555es { supposedly recently serviced, but has 2 burnt bulbs }
100 x 2 @ 8
rated for 4 also
has baby powder smudge marks from "her" moving its 30lb weight

20171223_204434 (Medium).jpg

Santa Baby (brother-in-law's golf buddy) brought me a pair of 1978 vintage Wharfedale E Fifty Speakers which have spent the last 28 years in garage cabinet.
The Walnut is perfect. It may take a while to wake them up however . Price was right -free!

Attachments

• IMG_5020.JPG
    IMG_5020.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 49
For Christmas, my parents got me the Ortofon 2M Blue Stylus to upgrade my Red to Blue. Still breaking the new stylus in, and then I might try a better side by side comparison.

Santa Baby (brother-in-law's golf buddy) brought me a pair of 1978 vintage Wharfedale E Fifty Speakers which have spent the last 28 years in garage cabinet.
The Walnut is perfect. It may take a while to wake them up however . Price was right -free!
I had a pair of these a number of years ago.Check for the woofer paper separation from the edge.It's a known problem with these speakers.

Back
Top Bottom