What's your latest audio purchase?

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Netdewt, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jberger

jberger AK Subscriber Subscriber

After some more research, it seems to be a Starkey Labs chair, but with the interior in orange Naugahyde instead of sound-absorbing Sonex. Different speakers, too, and there's room for a hidden bluetooth amp underneath.

2. Hyfi

Hyfi Super Member

Waiting for delivery of a Cullen Gold Series Power cord from Patrick Cullen. Should be here Monday or Tuesday.

boza likes this.
  3. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

Two of these tiny TPA 3118 mono blocks sitting on my bench awaiting final wiring. Hope to get around 30 watts from these $3 wonders.

[​IMG]

RTally likes this.
  4. RTally

RTally Member

Gotta have more info. I hope to see a full post on this when you get them wired and tested.

5. lokerola

lokerola AK Subscriber Subscriber

That chair is awesome. I remember as a kid the local library had a whole room full of these chairs. I recall they were very quiet when sitting in them - they really blocked ambient sounds.

6. canuckaudiog

canuckaudiog On a quest for high fidelity

I bought a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless speakers about a week ago and received them two days ago. They are the titanium with red cones. I am loving them, they are a pretty fair upgrade over the passive LS50s.

7. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

A set of Wolo trumpets for the car. Arguably audio related ... <G>

[​IMG]

Leland47 and RTally like this.
  8. SiliconTi

SiliconTi AK Subscriber Subscriber

I really think I need a pair of these...

9. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

NOS Technics SL1700 mk2 I already have 2 1700 mk2's but i couldnt resist this one they are my favorite tables. Came with a NOS ADC ZLM Standard Improved cartridge as well

20180126_193041 (800x450).jpg 20180128_185935 (800x450).jpg 20180128_190948 (450x800).jpg 20180128_200328 (800x450).jpg 20180128_200506 (800x450).jpg

3kitty, lokerola, boza and 3 others like this.
  10. roadie1

roadie1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I think you do too and that's all I'm gonna say.

11. Ricktptman

Ricktptman There are two kinds of Music: Good & Bad-Ellington Subscriber

Denon DVD-2800 II for a disc AUDIO source in my vintage room Pioneer System. I'd nursed a Nak MB-2 along for about thirteen years and finally threw in the towel. $30.00 wasn't too bad especially for that build quality. Sounds mighty fine as well....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    boza likes this.
  12. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Addicted Member

I pre-ordered the Channel Master Stream+ before it's release date so I'm not sure when I'll get it. It's a streamer, DVR, with multiple HD tuners with a free no subscription program guide. A Swiss Army knife that does it all for cable cutters. Think of it as a Tivo killer. Channel Master has dropped all their expensive DVR tuners in favor of the Stream+. It goes for the pre-intro price of $99 which will soon increase to $150.

[​IMG]

13. Bruins

Bruins Active Member

Picked this up a while back. T2.JPG

Pick this up this weekend to go with it. A10.JPG

Got this also. IMG_2350.JPG Unable to find anything about it. T550

JamVal and boza like this.
  14. superdog

superdog AK Member

JamVal likes this.
  15. greymatter

greymatter AK Subscriber Subscriber

A set of Analysis plus silver ovals speaker cables , and picking up some Analysis interconnects.

16. cpt_paranoia

cpt_paranoia Active Member

I've got a couple of very similar things, based on the TDA8932, bought to replace the amp in some cheap active speakers. Powered by an old laptop supply, they sound remarkably good. Still awaiting me getting around to building a little PCB to add the crossover components, and a 5V PSU to power a Chromecast audio; the intention was to make little multicasting speakers...

I've also got a SANWU stereo module, based on the TDA7492, with a CSR bluetooth audio module, cost me £6.82 delivered. I recently hooked that up to a pair of Eltax Jupiter floorstanders I rescued from outside someone's house (I asked first...), and it drove them with no problem. Sadly, one of the Jupiters had a blown tweeter, so probably uneconomic to repair. I let a colleague borrow it, as he was looking to buy some streaming active speakers, and he decided to buy some cheap 2nd hand speakers, and one of the modules instead. Now he's fired up to start modifying it (since the CSR module is programmable). He's a very good integrator, so I'm hoping he'll sort out the foibles like power cycle pops, and loud BT tones, and maybe tweak the renderer. Then I'll copy what he's done...

Poultrygeist likes this.
  17. Bruins

Bruins Active Member

Not upside down

JamVal likes this.
  18. superdog

superdog AK Member

I know its not but the design makes it look upon first glance that it upside down.

JamVal likes this.
  19. fishondwan

fishondwan AK Subscriber Subscriber

20. zunde

zunde Active Member

Posted about this in the turntable forum but I picked up this BIC 40z turntable/ changer last week for $10:

20180130_195948.jpg

Surprisingly, it included the original 45 adapter and stacker. Thanks to the help of a couple of other AK'ers (and a few YouTube videos) I was able to disassemble, clean, oil, and reassemble, and it now works perfectly

boza likes this.