What's your latest audio purchase?

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Netdewt, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jdsalinger

jdsalinger Well-Known Member

Well, it's only been a couple of days, so too soon to tell but yes, both of these Yammies have me thinking they will displace the other gear. I've never thought I'd become an SS guy, but the sound quality is superb and nothing like any other SS gear I've heard. Also, I've been obsessed with 60's tube gear for about 10 years and now my tastes are starting to move towards high end 1980's and early 90's gear. Oh and also..... I like amps that are built like tanks. :)

Leland47 and fishondwan like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. moejr

moejr Super Member

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/m-2.shtml

3. highping

highping AK Subscriber Subscriber

Picked up a Gold Aero tubed pre-amplifier off of ebay. Can't find any info on the web about it. Decent build....haven't tested it yet. DSCF7413.JPG DSCF7414.JPG

boza likes this.
  4. ZR9B

ZR9B AK Subscriber Subscriber

LP GEAR CARBON FIDELITY CF3600LE phono cartridge .... I hope it holds me over till I find what I want or think I want....

boza likes this.
  5. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock Subscriber

A Sansui P-50 belt drive TT. $30 from the dump shop, came with a free Grado Prestige Red :)

boza likes this.
  6. superdog

superdog AK Member

Yamahas are very good gear.I listen almost exclusively to them.Going from other gear but not tube gear.

7. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock Subscriber

A newer generation, but I love my Yamaha R-S700 :)

superdog likes this.
  8. superdog

superdog AK Member

I lust after the A-S3000.Way beyond my reach though.

Eywadude likes this.
  9. Cali_J

Cali_J New Member

6F2DA3A0-60CB-499A-8899-6096AF574A89.jpeg 7CA84399-0C03-4D7B-8B76-897F10B25F8A.jpeg CB431CBA-AEFF-439E-B47B-5867EB0B2BD4.png C782E318-BC1E-4823-8328-944922C7777F.jpeg 745E56BD-4173-4612-AD5C-DF94CA408CE2.jpeg Two AR 3 ‘s, a Sansui 5000x receiver and a REK O KUT s-34 H turntable with a Micropoise tone arm. Oh ya and a couple of Kenwood receivers. All from the same lil ol’ Lady.

Plus I have to go back next week to sort through her recently passed electrical engineer husbands meters and what she is calling junk.

Now let thee cleaning begin

Leland47, Hawkeye83, Ds2000 and 4 others like this.
  10. Poinzy

Poinzy Super Member

A Behringer Monitor1 monitor controller and a couple pair of XLR cables.

11. thomo57

thomo57 Super Member

I've got a good mate who buys records but not audio gear and gives them my name.
    Had some awesome finds through him.
    I give him finders fees when l sell something or keep it.

IMG_7162.JPG IMG_7142.JPG IMG_7148.JPG IMG_7138.JPG IMG_7124.JPG IMG_7161.JPG

12. highping

highping AK Subscriber Subscriber

OK, not an "audio" purchase, but I will be putting it into my mancave where I listen to audio. :D DSCF7422.JPG

Leland47 and slowpat like this.
  13. ng0k

ng0k Active Member

New Yamaha A-S301 integrated amp that replaced an NAD 326 which gave me nothing but trouble and I don't intend to fix. The new Yamaha sounds great!

lokerola, Hawkeye83 and boza like this.
  14. greymatter

greymatter AK Subscriber Subscriber

A Oppo UDP- 205 will be at my door tomorrow . That's one more thing I can take off the list or things I wanted / needed / dreamed of having in my collection .

Hawkeye83 and nj pheonix like this.
  15. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

Mostly accessories.
    Dust cover for my AR XA
    A wood cabinet for my C22 CE (this still inbound)
    A stylus for my pickering XV 15
    and a Schiit Bifrost MB (this still inbound)

greymatter likes this.
  16. Hawkeye83

Hawkeye83 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Townshend Audio Maximum super tweeters. Trying to freak out the neighborhood dogs

boza and greymatter like this.

17. Ds2000

Ds2000 All About every cool stereo component. Subscriber

Onkyo’s last Grand Integra components for the US market. DX-G10 and A-G10 before cleanup.
    0DAC0953-3C24-4D21-B547-363C5D131A76.jpeg 868E2CAC-7C8B-4EC2-AD75-34A0F284DC71.jpeg

zunde, superdog, TomBig58 and 2 others like this.
  18. btomjvc

btomjvc Active Member

Kenwood KR 6400. Almost perfect shape! Lights work, all the meters are correct and the tuning light on the FM glows red as it should. The face plate and wood sides no chips or scratches. Pulls radio stations right on point. 45 watts per channel hooked to my computer. 24.00 dollars at GW. First things like this at GW for quite some time. They had just set it out.

Eywadude, Ds2000 and boza like this.
  19. RTally

RTally AK Subscriber Subscriber

I picked up a pair of Polk S4 speakers off of OfferUp for $20. They will be replacing the Minimus 7 in my home gym.

The Polk S-4 is the smallest of the Polk S Series speakers from the early 90s. A sticker on the crossover says they were manufactured in August 1992. It has a 1 inch silk dome tweeter and 6-1/2 inch poly woofer with a front port. The weak spot is the plastic bezel attached to the baffle. The plastic is screwed to the baffle and has a recess for the grill to fit into. To get access to the drivers, the grill frame with cloth has to be pried away from the plastic bezel. Many pull on the plastic bezel thinking it is removable. It is not. The plastic has broken apart on one of my speakers where it was pulled away from the baffle.

They sound pretty good for small bookshelf speakers. The original MSRP was $259 per pair according to one article I found.

Leland47 likes this.
  20. thymanst

thymanst Minnesota morning

Guy had a vintage system of Magnepan mg 1.4 ( refurbed by Magnepan 5 years ago) a Sunfire symphonic amp, a Legacy high current pre and a California labs icon mk2 cd - all pretty cheap - picked up yesterday - found out why so cheap - hooked up when I got home and sounded muffled -wth - got home from work today and investigated - magnepans tweeter fuses were both blown - put in new fuses and they sound like new - everything else works great except remote to pre - sanded battery contacts and that works now also...... image.jpg

kurtgo, boza and RTally like this.