What's your latest audio purchase?

My laptop I was using for streaming to my DAC took a dump so instead of expensive repairs to an older computer I decided to get me a legit streaming unit. I find myself streaming 75% of the time and this thing just makes too much sense at this point. They seem to keep it updated with new software etc as they go so I hope it works for me for some time. If the sound is good enough I may sell the DAC to help of-set the cost of this which really wasn't all that bad anyway for what you get.

Bluesound Node2

View attachment 1167720

Bought one of these about a year ago, It is the only audio-related thing that I've ever bought brand new for retail. I'm still a fan

The Conrad Johnson PF-1 FET Preamplifier arrived this afternoon. Wow, what a pretty face! Picked up a pair of Fisher XP-7 K's and a Kenwood KA-4002 amplifier for $20 at the recycler this morning. Amp worked fine, and the Fisher's surrounds were in great shape. DSCF7543.JPG DSCF7545.JPG DSCF7546.JPG

Oops! I did it again...

A pair of very good condition Yorkville CU15 speakers. They're the install version of the U15.

Giving them a quick run here off the Crown XLS 1000 and Sansa Clip. Not bad, not bad at all, for pretty cheap front end. Will be interesting to put them along side my JBL SR4732A in the "big" system and see which I think sound better. Specs aren't bad for a fairly small sound reinforcement type cabinet. 50Hz - 20kHz +/-3dB. About 80lbs each.
CU15.jpg

Bel Canto DAC 2.5, using as a DAC and preamp. Well, I WILL be using it that way...will be here in a week or so.

Also, this required use of an RCA switcher (to add more RCA source options) - so got another Beresford TC-7240...very high quality RCA switcher.

And another Sony TA-N55ES amp for the office.

Also got my parents a Yamaha R-N301 receiver and Mirage M490 speakers.

I've been busy, lol!

Ortofon T-5 MC step-up transformers. They are a good match with my very low impedance Monster Cable Alpha-2. I've been very very surprised at how much more resolution these provide than did the extra gain available in my Forte Model 2 pre-amp phono stage's MC gain stage. The sound is also a bit warmer without losing any transparency - very nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom