What's your latest audio purchase?

Picked up the 1010 a few weeks ago from a retired gentleman, who purchased it new. I don't think the wife let him play it much, or at least not very loud as the power supply shows no sign of overheating. He had it set up in the garage and as we were discussing the quality of this particular receiver, mama came out of the house, looked at me and said, "DON'T SELL IT BACK TO HIM!".

DSC_0040.JPG

I picked up a set of pioneer CS-99a's and a set of CS-63dx's on craigslist . Having problems with the super tweeters on both sets .Even without the super tweeters on the 63dx's I love them

I just bought a Technics sa 800 so now I have the whole family the 700 and the 800 plus the 1,000 in the 100 watt plus Club
What is your opinion of the SA800 ?
And is there much "noticable difference in the sound between any of them?
I own the SA600 my brother used to have the SA500 that started my Love of the 1978 SA lineup of Technics...
And I have a SA800 on the way to me soon and I am anxious to hear it on my Ohm Acoustics collection...

IMG_20180529_164351941.jpg

Picked up the 1010 a few weeks ago from a retired gentleman, who purchased it new. I don't think the wife let him play it much, or at least not very loud as the power supply shows no sign of overheating. He had it set up in the garage and as we were discussing the quality of this particular receiver, mama came out of the house, looked at me and said, "DON'T SELL IT BACK TO HIM!".

View attachment 1214527
Damn she really wanted it gone.Too bad for him as for something you had a nice as this for over forty years and being forced to sell it.If that was the case.
I picked up a set of pioneer CS-99a's and a set of CS-63dx's on craigslist . Having problems with the super tweeters on both sets .Even without the super tweeters on the 63dx's I love them
Just sold an extremely nice st of cs99a on cl for $500.They have quite a bit of value depending on condition.

Last edited:
I really don't get the appeal. I know people pay what you are saying, but to me they are below average in every way.
I'm with you on these speakers.I bought these strictly for the flip.I could have probably got a grand for these on ebay they were that nice but they are very heavy and didn't want to go through the hassle.

Bean a cple weeks ...... Some more stuff...I came across....still haven't fired up most. The monitor 5s sound pretty sweet. Def tech bp7006 need amps ....nikkos working well.......one package including def tech towers center.....Onkyo txsr875. Energy sub. And energy center speakers. Still weeding through

Attachments

• IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2395.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 24
What is your opinion of the SA800 ?
And is there much "noticable difference in the sound between any of them?
I own the SA600 my brother used to have the SA500 that started my Love of the 1978 SA lineup of Technics...
And I have a SA800 on the way to me soon and I am anxious to hear it on my Ohm Acoustics collection...

View attachment 1214743
The sa 700 has scratchy post a lot of crackling coming out so it's going in the shop. The sa 800 is somewhere in the mail haven't received it yet but it should be here this week, hopefully in one piece. My guess is there's not much difference between the the sa 700 and sa 800, but the SA 1000 that's another story. I will stack them three High and and get some pictures posted

I upgraded my Oppo Blu-ray from the BDP-83 to the BDP-93 yesterday. It was no steal at $300 but was pristine and had original box, manual, remote, wifi dongle etc. And now my average OPPO price is $150. Do the math...

DECWARE : Zen Mystery Amp..
Somehow I lost my grip on reality ($) and bought this beautiful amp ..
Except for have only (1) A/C input and (1) Gain Knob its completely Duel Monos..
Point to point wiring with Beewax caps, inside..
The caps are huge..!!
I love the Wood base..
Upgraded with XLR inputs..
Only had two days of listening so far..

View attachment 1214059 View attachment 1214060 View attachment 1214061 View attachment 1214062 View attachment 1214063 View attachment 1214064

Holy moly that's a heck of an amp. How do you like it so far?

I upgraded my Oppo Blu-ray from the BDP-83 to the BDP-93 yesterday. It was no steal at $300 but was pristine and had original box, manual, remote, wifi dongle etc. And now my average OPPO price is $150. Do the math...
I have an 83. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the relative differences once you've spent some time with the new addition.

I've just taken delivery of an Oppo UDP-205 Universal player.
Ignoring the Video side of the machine it has a plethora of audio inputs and outputs, plays all bar HDCD discs and has a pair of ESS Sabre Pro ES9038 DAC to do justice to any Hi Res track.
It's built like a brick privvy, easy to setup and can be used as a pre-amp using XLR or RCA stereo outputs.

Pair of Cerwin Vega XLS -12 3-way as my new front floor speakers. My "soundstage" for my system is complete with a full component speaker system consisting of Cerwin Vega monitors: 12" -3 way front, Dual 8" 2-way rear surrounds, Quad 5-1/2" center, and 15" powered sub. I actually could run an additional pair, but these speakers are sufficient for translating my music.

Attachments

• cerwin_vega_xls_12_speaker_1132091.jpg
    cerwin_vega_xls_12_speaker_1132091.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 20
Pair of Cerwin Vega XLS -12 3-way as my new front floor speakers. My "soundstage" for my system is complete with a full component speaker system consisting of Cerwin Vega monitors: 12" -3 way front, Dual 8" 2-way rear surrounds, Quad 5-1/2" center, and 15" powered sub. I actually could run an additional pair, but these speakers are sufficient for translating my music.

Nice, I've always wondered how these sound compared to the vintage ones. I've got a pair of VS-120's that can pound pretty hard. I don't have them in rotation, but I do really like them.

How do you like them?

Back
Top Bottom