What's your latest audio purchase?

Nice, I've always wondered how these sound compared to the vintage ones. I've got a pair of VS-120's that can pound pretty hard. I don't have them in rotation, but I do really like them.

How do you like them?
I like them a lot. The new 3-way speakers have better midrange and higher frequency definition than my other twin 8" cone speakers. The low frequency sounds deeper too. I know they will pound but I haven't had a chance to let it out yet (too many sensitive ears at home). When I get an empty house I'll drive them with my amp and I'll see how they'll pound. I can't wait.

It’s definitely a step up from my Odyssey equipment ..
Still listening to the differences between the Odyssey SS , and the Decware Tube sound..
DEAD Silent, Very Holographic, Staging also top notch..!

Yamaha RX-V477 5.1 AV receiver. It is a near BOTL network capable, vintage 2014-15, receiver. CL seller said lightning damage and only wanted $20. I looked at it - no speaker output. Performed the reset procedure and still no luck. I plug in my headphones and have one channel. I unplug headphones and problem clears up. Sound all the way around. The HP jack must have been stuck. I asked if he still wanted to sell, and he said he already replaced it with a soundbar. So I bought it.

Unfortunately, this low end Yamaha is the reason many say AV receivers are terrible for 2 channel stereo. Even rated at 80 wpc at 0.09% THD, the receiver cannot drive my Dynaco A-25s with any authority. It is OK at non-loud listening levels, but crank it and it gets muddy. No clarity. Yuck. Until I find something better I will use it in my home gym 'cuz I like the AirPlay and built-in Pandora/Spotify. But I am not impressed. I also do not like the non-standard speaker terminal spacing. I like to use 3/4" dual banana plugs.

Yamaha RX-V477 IMG_0456.JPG
Test setup with Minimus 7 set up behind it.

E0335D24-E690-41BD-930F-557546AFE801.jpeg The illusive Cybernet CA-110 integrated. Got a text from a nice fellow that I bought an eq from last year asking if I was interested. Figure I may never see another one of these so I went for it.

Last edited:
^Never heard of one of those. The internals look decent too.

6111926500_1495217909.jpg

IMG_7760.JPG IMG_7761.JPG Picked up a few turntables today
Akai AP 260 broken spring lid hinges which is a definite design flaw.
Nice heavy unit
JVC JL F50 missing platter mat

And Marantz 6100 which l haven't cleaned up yet, missing tonearm weight and power chord and possibly hinges but in nice dirty condition
It works as l wired a chord before purchase.(pictures tomorrow)
I just can't pass up anything audio if the price is right:dunno:

Back
Top Bottom