What's your latest audio purchase?

4312A

2vcfg5l.jpg

Dual 1219 prettier shot.jpg
Dual 1219, 1229Q, and a 1218. Free to a good home, does that count as a purchase?
None of them worked but the 1219 was the closest to operating condition so it came to pass. Had it up and running for a week. Start/stop lever still doesn't work, but auto return does.
Best TT I've ever used. Iron fist in a velvet glove.

Waiting to receive this headphone amplifier in a few weeks. Full tube amp using output transformers. I'm hoping it's a better fit over the singled ended hybrid I'm currently using. Fingers crossed.
s-l225.jpg

How hard is it to source a new glass? I'm a sucker for big blue meters myself.

It's very difficult to source the glass...you must know Tom Manley's phone number! I'm just kidding. It's as easy as going to Tom Manley/Terry DeWick's web page, scroll down to the glass panel section, and there it was. I just placed the order.

Yup...those meters got me!! :)

It's very difficult to source the glass...you must know Tom Manley's phone number! I'm just kidding. It's as easy as going to Tom Manley/Terry DeWick's web page, scroll down to the glass panel section, and there it was. I just placed the order.

Yup...those meters got me!! :)
good to hear. :thumbsup:

It has been almost two weeks since I last bought any speakers. So, I bought these KLH model 20 speakers for $40. They seem small and light. They are in good shape cosmetically. The cloth surrounds need to be doped. They are very compliant and leak air.

I don't have an easy way of connecting the speakers to the RCA connectors on the back. And I don't feel like butchering a set of ICs. I will test the drivers when I dig into them. I plan on recapping and putting 5-way binding posts on them.

KLJ 20 fronts no grills small.JPG KLJ 20 fronts w-grills small.JPG

Back
Top Bottom