What's your latest audio purchase?

I got these puppies today :)

Not sure so far if i really like the sound of them but to share with the crew.

108e491.jpg

a10m6h.jpg

iPhoneXs Max 512gb - I was about to order a FiiO X5 lll and a couple of 256gB microSD cards before our Christmas road trip to Colo so I could have blue tooth connectivity for the SUV were renting and my entire FLAC library, but my old 6+ crapped out today. I checked Apple and they have an extra trade-in thing going on so I get $200. So that's $700 towards the $1450 for the new iPhone or about 1/2 price and I don't need to carry, charge, care for, etc. 2 devices anymore. It appears my iPod days are over which go all the way back to the release day of the 4th gen Click-Wheel 40gB. One might think that's a lot of money for a phone, but I spent twice that on Motorola StarTak and a 3 watt car kit in mid nineties.

I have one of those ready to be sold. lol
Just curious why you sell.I had never had an H/k until I found a 460i recently.I liked what I heard.I've been wanting a avr700 for a bit and found one for a good price.For my purposes these totl avr do it.

Just curious why you sell.I had never had an H/k until I found a 460i recently.I liked what I heard.I've been wanting a avr700 for a bit and found one for a good price.For my purposes these totl avr do it.

I'll send you a message shortly...

Optimus 7 x . 4.00
Crow Records

Attachments

• BC375117-B5ED-4D2F-9408-F73E886AAA23.jpeg
    BC375117-B5ED-4D2F-9408-F73E886AAA23.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 3A34F3CF-C50D-410F-B691-F1ACBD0E664C.jpeg
    3A34F3CF-C50D-410F-B691-F1ACBD0E664C.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 23
OK, I am getting a handle on my speaker acquisition addiction. It has been 2 weeks since my last speaker buy.

My latest: a pair of Sansui SP-100 for $20. No grills. Seller thinks she still has the grills and will call. I don't have my hopes up. All the drivers work, but one mid has a radial tear. Someone has been in them. The tweeter has one mounting screw missing. The backs are screwed in place with new screws and they are upside-down. That means the previous owner was using them upside-down and the tops are all scratched up from being on the floor. The cabinets are about a 5 out of 10 - mostly scratches and worn corners with a few dings.

I am surprised at how good they sound. Not bad at all for the middle of the line for Sansui's late '60 offerings.

SP-100 front no grills small.JPG

I am awaiting delivery on these Coral BX-24's for a vintage system I am putting together for my daughter and son in law. I am not cheaping out :no: they need something compact for a small listening room. I have no idea how they will sound but I can always upgrade the speakers if need be. The wood finish and grill cloth are very nice.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (15).jpg
    s-l1600 (15).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom