What's your middle name?

dosmalo

T-Totaled
If you have one.
And, if you like, tell where it comes from.
Mine is "Sterling". It comes from my maternal grandfather's 1st name although everyone called him "Sterl."

My first name is the mystery.

My grandparents gave my dad an initial, A, as a middle name; no midle name, just an initial/letter. That was a bit of an oddity for him to explain.

Louis is my middle name. It was also my dad's middle name. It was either my Grandfathers first name or my Great Grand father's first name.
Our only son was adopted from Peru. On adoption my wife said we'd keep his first name unless it was Jesus. It was Jesus, so we used that as his middle name and picked a new name out of a phone book. Samuel (Sam)

Eugene. My grandfather's middle name as well. If I ever heard my mother say Eugene, I was usually doing something I wasn't supposed to:rolleyes: and the beatings were about to begin.....:whip:. If she caught me. .. Feets don't fail me now...LOL

Last edited:
Jay. We are 4 kids; The first 3 (including me) all have the initials TJP.

My younger brother was an "accident", and has different initials, Kent being his middle name, which was also my father´s middle name.

My middle name is my mother's maiden name. That's a common practice in my part of the country but in my case it's weird.

What you folks don't know is that when you refer to me as "P.G." those are my real first two initials and I have family members that call me that.

My first name is the mystery.

My grandparents gave my dad an initial, A, as a middle name; no midle name, just an initial/letter. That was a bit of an oddity for him to explain.
Same for me. I never got an explanation of why they did that (3 brothers have full MNs), and has occasionally caused issues with 'official-dum'. A bit weird, but not worth 'fixing':)

I have four step-siblings that have no middle names. They used to designate that on forms by saying "NMN" , we used to kid them about being named "Nmnm".

My son "Johnny" has 2 middle names, 'Vinson and Sterling.'
'Sterling', as above was my maternal grandfather and his great grandfather and 'Vinson' is my paternal grandfather. He's also named after my father, 'Johnny.'
I have always used my middle initial in my signature and especially when I found out in the '90s a much younger fellow with my first and last name moved into my area.
There was a period of time when my wife and I would get calls in the middle of the night from young women asking for this guy with MY NAME (!)
It took awhile but the mystery finally unraveled but seriously, how do you explain that to your wife?

I always tell people who ask about my last name....

I respond "It's Croatian and it means "Dung heap"

self deprecating humor

James, my middle name is James (probably should have been a butler)

Edward

My mother's dad was named Edwin. She wanted that to be my middle name, but dad had to put a spin on it.

My first name is Bret, named after Bret Maverick from a 60s TV show. I supposed to have a little brother, Bart, but it never happen. As stupid as this may sound, I went to high school with a Bret / Bart brother combo.

Middle name Edward. Always use it on legal documents, as I have a distant cousin on my dad's side with the same first and last names. (He didn't start out that way, but there was some kind of bad family stuff involving his father, and he decided to change his last name to his mother's maiden name. I was pissed when he did that, but what can you do?)
Anyway, Edward comes from an uncle, the favorite brother of my mom. I never knew him because he died young, probably due to heart-damaging effects of childhood rheumatic fever. He was ten years older than my mother, who was the youngest.

I'd say but my first and last in known on the site along with my birthday, so I think that's a bit to much info.;)
I usually always refer to you in posts and threads as 'Big D' or 'D' sometimes 'Dee' for anonymity reasons but I only really know your first name from speaking a couple of times on the telephone (which is always a pleasure:)). When I started this thread I never had any intention for anyone to lay out their last name - that would be a bit much I think.
Middle names have always intrigued me because they are sometimes unique to families and usually have a story behind them.

My middle name is my Mom's maiden name. Swedish origin. Hedin pronounced like the Sedin twins that played hockey for the Vancouver Canucks. There was talk of naming me after my Dad but that would make me the third. My Dad was named after his Dad and we all lived in the same town and everyone was getting PO'd about getting each others mail all the time.

Back
Top Bottom