What's your middle name?

Mine is Alan, but I found out from looking at my birth certificate recently that it is spelled Allen. I've spent my entire life spelling it the other way. I am not about to stop now.

Mine is Mansfield.

Was my mother's dad's name. He was a hell of a man. Stood 6'3'' and went about 300. Set the Ky state record for shoveling a short ton of coal (less than 5 minutes).

Funny enough, he himself didn't have a middle name.

I usually always refer to you in posts and threads as 'Big D' or 'D' sometimes 'Dee' for anonymity reasons but I only really know your first name from speaking a couple of times on the telephone (which is always a pleasure:)). When I started this thread I never had any intention for anyone to lay out their last name - that would be a bit much I think.
Middle names have always intrigued me because they are sometimes unique to families and usually have a story behind them.

If a man's middle name is 'Sue', we don't need to know.

:p
My middle name is my Mom's maiden name. Swedish origin. Hedin pronounced like the Sedin twins that played hockey for the Vancouver Canucks. There was talk of naming me after my Dad but that would make me the third. My Dad was named after his Dad and we all lived in the same town and everyone was getting PO'd about getting each others mail all the time.

Hedin ? Did anyone ever razz you about that ?

When my maternal great grandfather came to the USA from Sweden, his last name was Carlson.

He joined the US Cavalry, and they made him change his last name, because they had too many Carlson's on the role call.

He picked Forresberg, apparently at random.

Actually, that was grandpa's grandpa (my great, great).

When I started this thread I never had any intention for anyone to lay out their last name - that would be a bit much I think.
Yeah I understand what you want the thread to be about and I would normally do it. It's just I have so much info on this site now that putting the last link to my full legal name I might as well give a hacker my bank account number:D

Yeah I understand what you want the thread to be about and I would normally do it. It's just I have so much info on this site now that putting the last link to my full legal name I might as well give a hacker my bank account number:D
I thought "2" was your middle name! :rflmao:

My middle name is Wyatt, which I've never liked very much.
According to mother, named for Wyatt Earp.
Guess I should be happy it's not "Earp".

Despite a somewhat uncommon first name, my full name is very "old school Texas".
A fair number of mostly dead guys with the same moniker.
In fact, while I'm named after a great grand uncle on my father's side, there was another relative [different generation, different part of the state] with the exact same name who was only related via marriage.

I have four step-siblings that have no middle names. They used to designate that on forms by saying "NMN" , we used to kid them about being named "Nmnm".

I wonder if Eminem has no middle name AND dyslexia?

I usually go with NMA ... No Middle Autonym ...

"Did you say enema??

"You can call me douche ..."

My grandparents gave my dad an initial, A, as a middle name; no midle name, just an initial/letter. That was a bit of an oddity for him to explain.

My great uncle's middle name was T.

Mine is Andrew. No reason for it that I know of. Its certainly more common than my first or last names.

Growing up there was a fellow who was called, I thought, by his first and middle initial - "J. D."
I learned years later that his actual 1st and middle name was "Jay Dee.":rolleyes:

Hey
It seems that families do hang on to old names. I knew mine did.
I like it. Just my .02.
Thank God I wasn't named after uncle Ferd. I could probably handle it now but being a kid it would have been tough. Eric

Back
Top Bottom