Whats your prefered method for moving the white stuff?

Whats your prefered method for moving the white stuff?

• Shovel

Votes: 65 28.5%
  • Snow blower

Votes: 63 27.6%
  • Truck with blade

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Pay someone else to do it

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 22.8%

• Total voters

DENNYDOG

Addicted Member
I finally decided it was time to get my trusty snow pusher out. It looks like there is a major snow storm coming our way and I didn't want to be scrambling to get my old jeep running.

I have to say ol Leper Smurf did pretty good. Half way through I lost a shoe. I'll have to make another but it could have been a lot worse. It beats the hell out of the Farmall M my dad used to use. No cab, no power steering, narrow front end, no live power, no chains. :thumbsdn: At least it had hydraulics and was better than a shovel.

3120058321_ae3df7c7ca.jpg

View attachment 124187

That oughta do it!

As my locale is sorta urban (small city, near the city center) a stainless steel snow shovel, hiking boots and ice melt is what I usually use to get my snow removal groove on.

Not much to clear here and only have to deal with small amounts a couple of times a year. Use a broom on the front porch and walkway (and off the FWD car). took quite a few sweeps to remove about 8" that fell on us yesterday. :D

I've got the biggest driveway on the block, and I think I'm the only one still pushing a shovel.

If you're going to shovel by hand, you buy one with the lightest weight plastic blade you can find. You'll buy a new one every other year, but you're less likely to throw your back out like you will with those aluminum or steel monstrosities!

Snowblowers are a hobby of mine. I usually buy one or two per year, use them, then sell them. This past January I bought a 1996 Simplicity 8/24 (a rare Baker-brand model) with a blown engine and gave the entire snowblower a full (and expensive) restoration to new mechanical condition. I think I'll stop flipping now, since I'll never need to upgrade unless I find a '90s Ariens I prefer the design of.

baker6sm.jpg

I'm not lucky enough to have a "leper smurf" but I'm sure the Aerostar with a blade on front would do some damage. :) I live in a townhouse, so as long as the path to the door is clear, we're OK.

Everyone else in the complex hasn't cleared the path to their door - I'm the only one. They're waiting for the strata to do it. Lazy bums! I don't want the mailman suing me! :)

BTW...the tread title...I though someone was trying to sell Cocaine!:D

I've got the biggest driveway on the block, and I think I'm the only one still pushing a shovel.

If you're going to shovel by hand, you buy one with the lightest weight plastic blade you can find. You'll buy a new one every other year, but you're less likely to throw your back out like you will with those aluminum or steel monstrosities!

I to use a plastic shovel, 3 years old (cheap eh?). My back would hold out, if it was not for all those cracks. :yes:

I finally decided it was time to get my trusty snow pusher out. It looks like there is a major snow storm coming our way and I didn't want to be scrambling to get my old jeep running.

I have to say ol Leper Smurf did pretty good. Half way through I lost a shoe. I'll have to make another but it could have been a lot worse. It beats the hell out of the Farmall M my dad used to use. No cab, no power steering, narrow front end, no live power, no chains. :thumbsdn: At least it had hydraulics and was better than a shovel.

3120058321_ae3df7c7ca.jpg

View attachment 124187

I'd drive that every day of the year :D :banana:

I live in Florida and if I have to use anything to remove snow people up north are gonna have a really bad day...

Toro snowblower for me... It was really choking this morning with wet slushy snow... Kept stalling out....

Back
Top Bottom