What's your take on this...

Marko82

I came across a Tandberg 2075 receiver , pre amp receiver also , Rotel RX or RS 1050 receiver , Canton Karat 20's paired with a Canton sub, Ezekiel 10 '' cab speakers. All this at a local antique shop nearby , researched some of it and curiosity has gotten the best of me. All the items were priced at $650 , it's been marked down to $450 and I'm willing to start at $300 and maybe go more ....but need to check it out and see if everything at least works. I've got an interest not sure what to do about it. Thoughts?

Welcome to Audiokarma... pls note that questions of value should be raised only in the Dollars & Sense Forum.

Not clear from your question, are they asking $450 for all of that stuff together, or per item? I don't follow any of the other brands but the TR 2075 @ $450 would need to be in working condition with decent cosmetics. You can get broken or beat up ones for less than that, fully restored good condition units are often $600 and up. At $450 you're in no mans land, which is the dangerous spot. Buy cheap and expect to spend money to make it nice, or buy at the top of the market but only if you are 100% sure what you're getting was done right by someone that knew what they were doing. Same advice for buying stereo components as when shopping used cars :)

John

Thanks for the reply, it's 450 for all the items I listed. I will probably go back and look again and ask to see if it ALL is in working order , cosmetics look good just dusty inside as usual no blemishes stood out. I guess it's a crap shoot , and do you like to gamble...

In the absence of any detail on condition etc., I'd call that a decent deal. Canton speakers are typically very good and both receivers are well-regarded, esp.the 2075.

Probably a pretty good buy if most of it works, or even if it doesn't but you are competent to DIY any repairs.

John

In the absence of any detail on condition etc., I'd call that a decent deal. Canton speakers are typically very good and both receivers are well-regarded, esp.the 2075.

Probably a pretty good buy if most of it works, or even if it doesn't but you are competent to DIY any repairs.

John
Are the the FM turners in the Tandbergs pretty good? Some of the information I came across claimed these units were known for the tuners as well as their sound.

Back
Top Bottom