What's your very first vinyl record ?

riksors

Mine was:

America - History: America's Greatest Hits

Had to ask my brother to buy and split it with me. I hurriedly saved up to pay his half so I can have the album rightfully to myself.

IMG_1136.JPG

Last edited:
My grandmother let me pick out two LPs:

George Szell
, Cleveland Orchestra
Richard Wagner

Szell Wagner LP.jpg

Olivia Newton-John
Greatest Hits Volume 2
olivia-newtonjohn-olivias-greatest-hits-volume-2-4-ab.jpg

Hmm..probably a bunch of Kiss records given to me by a neighbour, 1st record I bought might of been The Police: Zenyatta Mondatta

Woodstock 3 disc set & Led Zeppelin 3 - purchased together and don't recall which was played first. Still have both.

Still have mine....Platters ~ Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and Fats Domino ~ My Girl Josephine.

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• 2017-02-23 031109.JPG
    2017-02-23 031109.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 2017-02-23 030814.JPG
    2017-02-23 030814.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 239
Blue Monday.jpg

New Order - Blue Monday

It was an Aussie edition without the die cutout that was featured on the original UK Factory Records edition.

First two records I bought were 45s:
- CCR, Down On The Corner/Fortunate Son
-Beatles, Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields
I acquired numerous LPs before but I can't remember exactly what. I know I had a few Warner Brothers compilation LPs.

If I remember correctly, it was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. I still have it, along with Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick, both kept for sentimental reasons.

Don't remember ... probably something like the Archies Greatest Hits ... Saturday morning tunes ruled.

I do recall watching a TV interview w/ Brain Hyland & ended up buying the album below. Wore my original copy out & bought another one from Jerry's record store in Pittsburgh Pa.
Definitely one of my first LP purchases that were not crumb cruncher music ... this was a new release as I recall at the time.

For some reason ... unlike my peers ... I was always into albums & not single 45's. As a kid, money was tight ... so I didn't buy many & played the ones I did have all the time.

71La6tkEXXL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom