What's your very first vinyl record ?

Doobie Brothers
China Grove on 45
My best friend gave it to me for my birthday.
The same day his mom asked for it back, she was a DJ.
I still remember like it was yesterday, almost 40 years now.

Beach Boys Endless Summer. Still love listening to them even 37 years later.

beachboys-endless.jpg

Regards
Mister Pig

My brother gave me a copy of Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, & Thyme.

He had bought a new copy as this one was a little worn out.

Didn't matter because at the time, the only thing I had to play it on was a little 45 record player that could play LPs as well.

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars.

it was 1972, i bought it at Woolworths department store. I was 13. The backside had printed "To be played at maximum volume".

Mine was this song on a 45. I won it by tossing a nickle across the lawn and making it in a bowl at my town jamboree haha was not my choice of music, but borrowed a record player and listened to "ride like the wind" a million times.R-2724911-1349521796-5725.jpeg.jpg

Let's see. Possibly a 45, the Door's. Light my fire side one and side 2 was The Crystal Ship. 9th grade, 68'.

"Kiss Alive II" and ELO's "Out of the Blue". The good old days of double fold out albums with posters inside.

616cgZgITDL._SS500.jpg

Kiss Rock and Roll Over, bought when I was in 3rd grade. Still have it, although it is far from playable.

I got these from a friend of the family when I was 15 or so:

Deep Purple - Made in Japan
Deep Purple/Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Concerto for Group and Orchestra
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Kiss - Alive
Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla

Not the worst start of a record collection, if you ask me.

I don't have the record anymore. It was an early London ffrr recording of Beethoven's 5th Symphony, I purchased in late 61 or early 62. Another was Felix Slatkins Marches the Blues, which I still have access to has a digital dub.

I bought three at one time. Grand Funk On Time, Steppenwolf Monster and Three Dogg Night Live. I was ten years old. :beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom