When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I am always concerned about folks but being stuck at the hospital with no charger, not much opportunity for me to post.
Well, I'm certainly sorry to hear that. Hope you're not laid up for too long!

What's happened to AK "Jed69"? He's a really good friend and he ALWAYS posted his album spins everyday on the "Vinyl Only Spin" playlist. I sent him a message and never heard from him. Hope someone knows something, concerned.

Well, I'm certainly sorry to hear that. Hope you're not laid up for too long!

Won't be laid up in the hospital too long, however I still have the defective gallbladder. I still think I look nothing like a turnip, but they sure were having fun getting blood out of one.

I'm at home resting now, and making changes to my diet. The gallbladder was supposed to be removed Tuesday.

Won't be laid up in the hospital too long, however I still have the defective gallbladder. I still think I look nothing like a turnip, but they sure were having fun getting blood out of one.

I'm at home resting now, and making changes to my diet. The gallbladder was supposed to be removed Tuesday.
I was going to give you a "like" but the news seemed kind of mixed -- it's good you're back home, but I guess unfortunate you didn't get the source of the problem dealt with. So I'll just wish you all the best and leave it at that.

I had hoped the hospital was taking my best interests into account, but apparently not.

WBC count was normal, yet they were still pumping me full of antibiotics. 3x daily blood tests, until they could no longer find a vein. My left arm is now purple and green. Rescheduled the surgery numerous times, why I have no clue. Then toss in the conflict between the hospitalist and the surgeon, inpatient or outpatient surgery, and neither's ability to satisfactorily answer my questions concerning the course of my treatment, the overabundance of tests, and when the hell the offending organ would be removed, I had to shut it down.

I'm still a pain scale 6, no longer a mt Vesuvius on the nausea scale, my blood pressure is no longer boiling over, and it's possible I still have enough blood left to lubricate my ankles as I head towards the kitchen to start my morning coffee. Health care system my ass.

Have sat on the sidelines taking in this thread for some time, feeling not qualified to take part, as with just 2k participation, I'm a relatively newbie to the rest who have shared on this topic.

I speak from experience in some of the auto forums that I've taken part in and there is a parallel feeling from some of the members who have been in the mix for years with mucho experience to draw upon.

This same vein of thought just came up in another thread that kind of got discussed wherein each who shared tried to appreciate what happens to the long timers who drop off or lower the frequency of participation. I think time takes its toll in many ways, the saddest has been mentioned and for others the "burn factor" figures in. There can be a lot of mitigating reasons for non participation.

Like many, my interest was tech orientated on the onset. I asked. I shared. I in turn helped with what knowledge base I could muster. The humanistic aspect wasn't present at this stage as pretty well all communication was fact based, with each post having a unique concern. However, this stage soon passed after most needs are met, and the humanistic side of this site comes into being, and along with it the people you electronically "rub" into on a daily basis due to common interests/opinions. You get to know people on a first hand basis.

I've found in time, I seem to do more reading as of late, with the occasional creating of a thread that I personally need input on, or one that hasn't been addressed, hopefully spurring on others with a fresh look at things.

Without mentioning names. I've made what I consider friends all over the globe, and have immensely enjoyed their POV's/help/ and especially their different personalities. Kudos to you people!

Like every ebb and flow in one's life, priorities take prescient and AK meets our needs in the many ways as evidenced by the thoughtful and sensitive manner of caring that the many have expressed within this thread. Again kudos!

Although I haven't really contributed any more meaning to this ongoing conversation. I just wanted to highlight my appreciation in general to you all as a group and your past efforts.:thumbsup:

Q

Health care system my ass.

You're in my thoughts, ETLS. And yes, SJJ is as well.

Right now, I am dealing with what I THINK is gout. I never knew such discomfort. And at 44. Seems a tad early, but oh well.

Personally, I am thankful for this thread. I need closure when people leave for good (whether voluntary, or more serious reasons) and like to keep tabs on my friends here, just know they're doing okay.

I'v been thinking of Bart aka @mech986, I haven't been seeing him posting lately or even when not I see a "Like" from him here or there. Just checked his post and he only made two in all of April and nothing since. Hope everything is good with him and his family.

Hey, still with you guys, just been busy feeding my vintage bicycle habit for the last couple of months. Rode in the Eroica California event early April in Paso Robles, only 40 miles but about 2200 feet of climbing, some hills up to 10% grade and gravel. Amazing how quickly one can spend money, kinda like Audio! My original 1972 Italvega Super Speciale.

Verizon%2BiPhone%2B4%2BApril%2B2017%2B006%2Bcopy.jpg

that's me on the left, my brother-in-law on the right at the starting area. It was only 43 degrees at 8:30am!

iPhone%2B4%2BApril%2B2017%2B012%2Bcopy.jpg

Hey, still with you guys, just been busy feeding my vintage bicycle habit for the last couple of months. Rode in the Eroica California event early April in Paso Robles, only 40 miles but about 2200 feet of climbing, some hills up to 10% grade and gravel. Amazing how quickly one can spend money, kinda like Audio! My original 1972 Italvega Super Speciale.

Verizon%2BiPhone%2B4%2BApril%2B2017%2B006%2Bcopy.jpg

that's me on the left, my brother-in-law on the right at the starting area. It was only 43 degrees at 8:30am!

iPhone%2B4%2BApril%2B2017%2B012%2Bcopy.jpg
Excellent choice :)

Back
Top Bottom