When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I miss Ed from Virginia. His username is "eteller". A very nice guy and a notable friend. He posted about a year ago for the last time. There may be so many reasons why he disappeared, I just hope that he is fine. Tomorrow is his Birthday.
I'm baack! Sold most everything audio and went to a bluetooth speaker for a while. I'm back with some HK seperates, a Technics SL-D3, 50 albums and a Grado Red2.

djy60 and docs427 (Don & Dennis). those two have concerned me for the last few months. They were daily contributors and dearfriends. I have tried unsuccessfully to track even family members down

I'm baack! Sold most everything audio and went to a bluetooth speaker for a while. I'm back with some HK seperates, a Technics SL-D3, 50 albums and a Grado Red2.

It is so nice that you are back - it's been awhile since we met, right? ;)

:)

djy60 and docs427 (Don & Dennis). those two have concerned me for the last few months. They were daily contributors and dearfriends. I have tried unsuccessfully to track even family members down
Don is a friend of mine IRL. He has been busy with life stuff like crazy work hours and family stuff. I talked to him a week ago and all was well. He will be back when things settle down.

Don is a friend of mine IRL. He has been busy with life stuff like crazy work hours and family stuff. I talked to him a week ago and all was well. He will be back when things settle down.

Yeah I thought of him the other day and checked when he last checked in. He wasn't posting but was giving likes as I got one and reading the site.

Sometimes I wish somebody of the moderation or of the administration would have the phone number or the address of popular members in cases like these.

The most we have is an email, which worked at time of registration, but can later be obsolete.

@luvvinvinyl

Yes, Ernie, this is the crux of the biscuit. If we (I mean members of the staff) had a nonvirtual address, an old-fashioned phone number, we could try to get into contact with the family in order to ask for some news, without violating privacy in public.

I understand, Chris. I get emails from members who use 10-minute 'disposable' email addresses, to register, and complain when they don't work. "I don't want to give you my real email address! You will sell it, and I will get spammed!" AK absolutely does not sell email addresses. The internet is set up to harvest your email address, anyway. They don't need us to sell yours. They've got it already.

I would suggest that, if someone has both the first and last names, for a person they seek, that the internet can reveal much about them, often including address and phone number.

I understand, Chris. I get emails from members who use 10-minute 'disposable' email addresses, to register, and complain when they don't work. "I don't want to give you my real email address! You will sell it, and I will get spammed!" AK absolutely does not sell email addresses. The internet is set up to harvest your email address, anyway. They don't need us to sell yours. They've got it already.

I would suggest that, if someone has both the first and last names, for a person they seek, that the internet can reveal much about them, often including address and phone number.

Thank you friend for clarifying. It is a pity that in our days interpersonal relationships have become so difficult.

Back
Top Bottom