When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Some folks disappear due to death.

And sometimes people disapearing due to life. Some will show a strong presence when they are between mates and relationships. Other's reveal to much of a personal nature and hide from shame. Others grow dim the longer they are exposed to opposition. It's a mixed lot... Every reason is possible or plausible.

Take care everyone,

Rob

I doubt that anyone missed me. Unfortunately I've had mental problems for the last year and haven't been interested in much of anything including my music. I'm still around though. I recently renewed my membership and still read the posts from time to time.

I doubt that anyone missed me. Unfortunately I've had mental problems for the last year and haven't been interested in much of anything including my music. I'm still around though. I recently renewed my membership and still read the posts from time to time.

Good to hear!

Hang in there, bro!:thmbsp:

Nice to hear about somebody who moves into the City of AudioKarma again! Welcome back!

:thmbsp:

Welcome back & praying for restoration in your life.

Rome

I just had to say what you did for your Dad may be the kindest gesture I've read about on AK. :thmbsp:

Dave/ChairSpud
+1 on a good move.

Once I asked how it was with XXX. YYY very wisely said why you need to know? If there is a problem, can you help?
I have learned that lesson :).

Wow sorry to hear the rough spot you've been in. The good news is you're doing better and can mention it, that takes strength. Glad you're back! :thmbsp:

+1 on a good move.

Once I asked how it was with XXX. YYY very wisely said why you need to know? If there is a problem, can you help?
I have learned that lesson :).

I do understand that. However, sometimes I do want to know mostly to be able to offer support or empathy. Also letting someone know you're thinking about them lets people know they aren't forgotten or just a bunch of posts behind a name handle.

Everyone here is a real person, and I hope we can offer our best wishes, prayers, words of support, or just a "we miss you, hope you're ok and will be back or see ya soon". It's what friends would do.

I do understand that. However, sometimes I do want to know mostly to be able to offer support or empathy. Also letting someone know you're thinking about them lets people know they aren't forgotten or just a bunch of posts behind a name handle.

Everyone here is a real person, and I hope we can offer our best wishes, prayers, words of support, or just a "we miss you, hope you're ok and will be back or see ya soon". It's what friends would do.

I absolutely agree with you. As I sometimes wondered how some members been here a long time then just stopped posting.

Thanks for the kind words and support. It's been rough, but I'm still hanging in there. I have a history of Schizophrenia, but not sure if that is what my problem is as I always did very well on the medicine in the past, but over this last year I've been to see five different psychiatrists and been to the hospital once and it just seems that there is nothing they can do. I've really enjoyed the forum and the people I've met here. This thread just seemed like an appropriate place to let everyone know what's been going on with me. Before I became ill, I bought a victrola and Edison disk player, so play a few records from time to time on them.

Thanks for the kind words and support. It's been rough, but I'm still hanging in there. I have a history of Schizophrenia, but not sure if that is what my problem is as I always did very well on the medicine in the past, but over this last year I've been to see five different psychiatrists and been to the hospital once and it just seems that there is nothing they can do. I've really enjoyed the forum and the people I've met here. This thread just seemed like an appropriate place to let everyone know what's been going on with me. Before I became ill, I bought a victrola and Edison disk player, so play a few records from time to time on them.

Not to threadjack here but mate do check your thyroid gland and adrenal gland.

Hang in there and enjoy that Edison and Victrola.

Thank you that you share with us so much intimacy. That you do so is very impressive. Just let me tell you something: my experiences with psychiatrists were an entire catastrophe, my last consultation was in 1999. Never again.

The power of music is the best psychiatrist - according to my experience.

There are also people who were friends on AK, they disappeared, now reappeared and utterly ignoring me and my waggy-tailed posts I leave them. I get all happy to see them back but I get ignored.

How should I understand this? Food for thought?

There are also people who were friends on AK, they disappeared, now reappeared and utterly ignoring me and my waggy-tailed posts I leave them. I get all happy to see them back but I get ignored.

How should I understand this? Food for thought?

So some former good bilateral relationships changed and became a one-way street, at last a blind alley. Close chapters and open new ones.

If somebody ignores you I deeply respect that but I think he has a problem and is not worth any more efforts Vlad my good friend.

Back
Top Bottom